PDA

View Full Version : A sealer/coating for engine parts

StalkerStang
08-13-2015, 11:35 PM
I tried in the Pinnacle sub-forum but didn't get any response.... so I'll try here and be a bit more general....

I have some powder coated aluminum engine parts that I would like to coat with something. It so happens I have a set of wheels that I wanted to coat with Black Label Wheel coating.

Could I use the wheel coating on those engine parts? I figured it would be ok since the wheel coating should hold up to higher temperatures and things like brake dust, etc. My main concern is that the parts are powder coated (freshly done a couple days ago), and I'm a bit uneasy using the prepping polish on them.

Any thoughts? Or have any of you guys used something else instead?

oldmodman
08-13-2015, 11:55 PM
Your powder coater has high temp clear powder coat, both high gloss and matte.

A top coat with the correct powder would be much better than any applied coating. Especially in an engine compartment with all the oils that will get on the part.

StalkerStang
08-14-2015, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the response,

For the future thats probably what I'll do on a different engine, but I'm ready to assemble this engine soon so I can't wait unfortunately.

Just want to make sure a coating like the Black Label would not have any negative effect on the powder coat finish. It is just the powder, not clear coated parts.

StalkerStang
08-16-2015, 01:19 AM
Well I ordered the coating, I need it for a set of wheels, but I will try it on one of engine parts and see what happens...