PDA

View Full Version : Boss G21 owners, what other pads/polishes

Pages : [1] 2

Billy Baldone
08-13-2015, 07:24 PM
I have a G21 on its way Tuesday with a 5" backing plate, What other polishes and pads are you having success with? Thank you very much.

Mike@ShineStruck
08-13-2015, 07:53 PM
I have good results with car pro reflect and 3D HD Adapt
3d always comes out glossier and finishes so good i dont use reflect to follow up
Ill be trying scholls S3 for a cutting compound but so far 3d adapt does everything i need
Im just using the 6.5 boss pads, mainly yellow and orange
may bump down to 5.5

DaveT435
08-13-2015, 09:34 PM
I was wondering this as well. I just got my G21 today. I have read a lot of got things about the new Griot's creams. I have so many compounds and polishes in my cabinet now I decided to wait to order those. I have Reflect and 3D polish so it's good to know those work well. I've got some Optimum Finish polish that I'm looking forward to trying. Have you tried any of the Griot's products with the machine?

ski2
08-13-2015, 10:38 PM
I've had good results with my G15 using HD Polish and B&S 5.5" orange pads on hard VW clear---dropped the number of passes I needed in half compared to my GG6.

Billy Baldone
08-14-2015, 05:26 AM
I ordered a 16oz Fast cream with it. I am primarily a Menzerna user, but have the 105/205 and HD Cut/Polish too

Billy Baldone
08-14-2015, 05:26 AM
I will play aroundcwith some different combos when i get the Boss next week

DaveT435
08-14-2015, 07:51 AM
I will play aroundcwith some different combos when i get the Boss next week

Please let us know how they work out.

RaskyR1
08-14-2015, 09:48 AM
It should work very well with most any pad polish combo. Certain pads may change the feel a little but they should all still work fine. The thin Megs foam discs, MF pads, and all the BOSS pads seem to work the best. With a 5" plate the B&S are very nice too as they are not as thick as the 6.5" pads, but I mainly used them on the G15 and never pushed them really hard on the G21. I've used HD Cut, Adapt, Polish, Speed and the new 501/502. I've also used M105, M100, D300, M205, FG400, Opt Hyper Polish, Opt primer Polish, CarPro beta polish, CarPro Reflect, all the BOSS creams and maybe a few I'm forgetting. :)

Billy Baldone
08-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Chad, does any combo stand out as the better option?

RaskyR1
08-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Chad, does any combo stand out as the better option?

I know what works for me and my polishing style, but that may not be the best for everyone. They are all capable of delivering excellent results once you figure out how to work them. They will however have some subtle differences in the various attributes (cut, finish, dust, working time, wipe off, scent, ect...) and you just have to decide what works best for you. I like to work clean and dislike dust, so that is a big factor when choosing a polish, but at the end of the day my test spots will dictate what I use on each car.

Not sure that was the answer you wanted, but hopefully you get where I'm going with it. :)

Billy Baldone
08-14-2015, 11:12 AM
No, i understand all paints/cars/finishes ate different. I guess i was looking for a certain combo that works the best in general over multiple surfaces.

RaskyR1
08-14-2015, 12:09 PM
No, i understand all paints/cars/finishes ate different. I guess i was looking for a certain combo that works the best in general over multiple surfaces.

I'm currenlty using the BOSS polishes as my go-to, but I can get the same end results using a number of the above compound/polish combinations. I just like the BOSS creams for their lack of dusting, good working time, and they cut and finish very well too. The only thing I'd like to see better is the wipe off, but not at the expense of one of the previously mention attributes. ;)

Billy Baldone
08-14-2015, 01:24 PM
I didn't get the fast correcting cream with my order I'm excited to try it but as far as polishes I'm pretty sure that I have that pretty well covered with the Menzerna line up and the HD line

RaskyR1
08-14-2015, 02:23 PM
I didn't get the fast correcting cream with my order I'm excited to try it but as far as polishes I'm pretty sure that I have that pretty well covered with the Menzerna line up and the HD line

Yep, both solid product lines! :dblthumb2:

Billy Baldone
08-14-2015, 02:44 PM
Ahhhh, I mean I DID get the Fast correcting cream.