PDA

View Full Version : And yet another mistake

DogRescuer
08-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Well another mistake at least Im not repeating my mistakes.

This time while giving my car a RW I clayed my windshield with a mit left the mit rubber down for not even 2 minutes and yes it was so hot that it attached itself to the glass, so no big deal I cleaned it up with a razor blade. DUHH!

SKorch630
08-13-2015, 03:50 PM
I hate the sun when detailing lol. It serves me absolutely no purpose :P

I try to do all of my detailing inside, and if I can't, I use a canopy. Best $100 investment I've made. But hey, at least you're learning from your mistakes! That's the goal :)

LSNAutoDetailing
08-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Do you have an Ozark tent? You should never really clay or do anything with glass in the sun. It's like piling sandbags at the beach/ocean.

JustJesus
08-13-2015, 04:09 PM
Do you have an Ozark tent? You should never really clay or do anything with glass in the sun. It's like piling sandbags at the beach/ocean.

NOTHING with glass? cuz everything dries to fast?

SKorch630
08-13-2015, 04:22 PM
I don't ever do anything with glass in the sun. That's cleaning to coating.

LSNAutoDetailing
08-13-2015, 04:53 PM
NOTHING with glass? cuz everything dries to fast?

I wouldn't... I try to work on glass in the garage or under an ozark tent.
The sun will dry whatever product you're working with, making it very difficult to work with.

When glass is hot, it makes a mess of glass cleaner etc.

Same with claying the car. QD's and clay lube just dry way too fast. You'll go through so much product just trying to keep the section you're working on lubricated.

Sun is not a detailers best friend...

Last weekend I worked on a F150 King Ranch. Thing was a monster, too big for my garage, too big for my Ozark tent. Found a maple tree and parked under that for some good shade.