PDA

View Full Version : hd cut/hd uno or m105 m205?

ccapital83
08-13-2015, 10:44 AM
Looking to use meguiars microfiber cutting and polishing pads this time. I have never tried 105 and 205 are they dusty and or have more risk of micro marring compared to hd products? I know plenty of online info on 105 and 205 online but I was curious if they are old school compared to new stuff out? For example the chemical guys v-line I love how dust free and how long I can work it. Hd products seem to be similar in that aspect. I've seen some very impressive you tube videos of the hd lineup so was interested. I have a blue and black civic I plan on doing this weekend with whatever you suggest for me. will be combo'd with my griots D/A. Appreciate opinions :) Looking for most dust free longer work time and least micro marring risk(i know technique is main cause but still.)

7.3powerstroke
08-13-2015, 11:25 AM
HD Cut and HD Polish will give you excellent results. Thats what I would reccomend. But there is a host of great chocies.

The Guz
08-13-2015, 12:25 PM
M105 will dust on the microfiber pads. It can cause DA haze on softer paints.

Why not look into D300 and D302 if you plan to stay with the microfiber pads. No dusting with D300 when I have used it.

DetailKitty
08-13-2015, 01:09 PM
I've never had an issue using M105 or 205, but they definitely dust.

I'm really liking the Menzerna line recently... almost no dust and work very well.

ccapital83
08-13-2015, 02:35 PM
I really appreciate your replies guys. I've only used foam but really want to try the microfiber pads this time around I also considered menzerna but I wouldn't know what two step to use for them. My car is 2014 paints pretty good besides some rain etching and very minor light scratches and i mean light. but im totally open to all recommendations :):) again really appreciate it guys.

ccapital83
08-13-2015, 02:37 PM
M105 will dust on the microfiber pads. It can cause DA haze on softer paints.

Why not look into D300 and D302 if you plan to stay with the microfiber pads. No dusting with D300 when I have used it.

do you mean these?
Meguiar's D30216 DA Microfiber Polish - 16 oz.
Meguiar's D30016 DA Microfiber Correction Compound - 16 oz.

DetailKitty
08-13-2015, 02:56 PM
I really appreciate your replies guys. I've only used foam but really want to try the microfiber pads this time around I also considered menzerna but I wouldn't know what two step to use for them. My car is 2014 paints pretty good besides some rain etching and very minor light scratches and i mean light. but im totally open to all recommendations :):) again really appreciate it guys.

Personally I like to use FG 400 for compounding, and finish with SF 4000.
Here is a link to what the different products do, it's a good reference:
Menzerna, Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, Menzerna FMJ, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish, (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html)

Matt@Revive
08-13-2015, 03:06 PM
Personally I like to use FG 400 for compounding, and finish with SF 4000.
Here is a link to what the different products do, it's a good reference:
Menzerna, Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, Menzerna FMJ, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish, (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html)

^^^^^this is a great combo

i have been using HD Cut and HD Polish with great results

The Guz
08-13-2015, 03:30 PM
do you mean these?
Meguiar's D30216 DA Microfiber Polish - 16 oz.
Meguiar's D30016 DA Microfiber Correction Compound - 16 oz.

Yeah those are them. They were designed to work with the microfiber pads.