PDA

View Full Version : About to buy a steam cleaner (dupray home or dupray one plus)

techy
08-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a steam cleaner but the budget can't really go as high as a VX 5000 or dupray hill as yet. (more because the CDN dollar is slow bad at the moment).

I was really convinced to buy a VX 5000 but at the moment due to all the goodies I've bought from AG, budget is cut down quite a bit.

I am looking at a dupray one & one plus but while looking I came across a Dupray Home Steam cleaner but I can't find any reviews about it.

What I've seen so far is:

Temp : 145 C / 296 F

46 PSI

40 min cleaning time

Would this be good enough for me?

My main concern is removing salt stains.
- I've tried other methods but nothing seems to work other than vinegar but the smell for a few days (once lasted a week and a half) is to much.

Cleaning really dirty interior is a big bonus and might also be needed since I do small detailing jobs on weekends as well.

I think I'm between the Dupray Home and the Dupray one plus (or if the one can do it as well)

Also as a temp situation I'm thinking about picking up a Bissell proheat auto care from Canadian tire as well ( may get to frustrated and pick up a actual extractor since I'll spend so much time re-filling).

Anyways thoughts on the Dupray Home vs the Dupray one plus?

Dupray Home = 299.99 CDN

http://www.costco.ca/Dupray-Home%E2%84%A2-Steam-Cleaner.product.100169295.html#

Dupray one Plus = 849.99 CDN

Dupray ONE Plus™ Steam Cleaner Customer's Reviews and Ratings (http://dupray.ca/steam-cleaners/one-plus-steam-cleaner/reviews/)

- At this moment a VX 5000 after conversion would run me about $1,232.64 CDN including shipping and potential duties which runs me way out of my budget.

Or if anyone can recommend another entry level steamer for me would be greatly appreciated.

medicscott
08-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Mytee Firebird. Great affordable portable machine. Never lets me down.

Bicycle
08-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Check out Vapor Chief.

Zelfiris
08-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Where are you located?

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
08-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Have you looked at any of the Vapamore units? The have some nice ones. I just picked up a brand new MR-100 for $157 shipped on the auction site. They go for $299 everywhere else, and get very solid reviews generally. The auction site will usually have a few for $225-250. And once in awhile $150 isn't unheard of

techy
08-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Thanks! Im in toronto ontario. I did take a look into vapamore but in couldnt find much info on specs (pressure output or continuous fill)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runrun411
08-13-2015, 08:59 AM
I just bought a McCulloch 1385. Love it.

Zelfiris
08-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Thanks! Im in toronto ontario. I did take a look into vapamore but in couldnt find much info on specs (pressure output or continuous fill)

I'll PM you. I'm also in Toronto

Toxix
08-13-2015, 10:14 AM
I'll take a PM as well - Located in Mississauga myself and am in the market for a reasonably priced steam cleaner.

techy
08-13-2015, 01:14 PM
Hey toxix.

I found the costco Scarborough and Mississauga have a dupray show going on.

http://www.brand2demand.ca/#!blank/ckmw

But when i called them they said no they dont carry dupray steam cleaners lol.

Zelfiris
08-13-2015, 02:05 PM
I'll take a PM as well - Located in Mississauga myself and am in the market for a reasonably priced steam cleaner.

I'll PM you

Let's keep the details on non-affiliated vendors to a minimum as this is a forum for autogeek :)

Tempest
07-06-2016, 12:23 PM
Sorry to dig this up, but I was just curious if anyone could comment on part of the OP's specs.

I'm currently trying to decide between the Dupray "Home" and Dupray "ONE" (I cannot afford the ONE PLUS).

From what I can see, the specs are as follows:

HOME:
46 psi, 293 F

I can get it for $299 (CAD) + Tax

or

ONE:
50.8 psi, 303 F

Currently on sale for (I believe) $499 CAD

I detail on the side (you could call me more of an enthusiast) as I work full time outside of detailing. I might only do 2 cars a month and that's okay with me, however I'm looking to get a steamer for the obvious time savings on interiors and possibly the engine bay.

What do you guys think? Is the ONE worth the extra cash for the specs (pressure and temperature)? Do you think the "HOME" has the same build quality being a lower cost unit? Dupray has the same warranty on each FYI*

I appreciate the input guys, have a good one.

Tempest
07-06-2016, 12:40 PM
I should also mention that the ONE typically retails for 6-799 here (CAD I believe) when it's not on sale, and the 'run' time is about 10 minutes longer at 50 minutes compared to 40 mins for the 'HOME'.