PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin Mitt How Sticky

SlvrDragon50
08-11-2015, 06:50 PM
So I used my Nanoskin Mitt last weekend and I could definitely feel contaminants on the roof. That said, it's supposed to get sticky but just exactly how sticky?

Should it feel tacky like tape?

I rubbed it on my windshield for over a minute, and I didn't really notice a difference.

Souldetailer
08-11-2015, 07:03 PM
When in use, like clay, it should not feel sticky or stick on the surface. You want plenty of lube and have the mitt glide along the surface. You don't want to apply too much pressure & cause it to stick, you'll be peeling the mitt material off your vehicle. It is an excellent tool for decon. You just need to get the hang of it.
Good luck.

Peace,

Darrin

SlvrDragon50
08-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Awesome cool.

Just make sure.

I was just reading storage for the nanoskin and people were talking about how they didn't want the sticky side folding on itself since it would cause some residue to form or something. It made me think that it was supposed to be quite sticky.

I definitely liberally applied some lube so I think I got it down right without marring!

wdmaccord
08-11-2015, 10:31 PM
It is very sticky which is why you want lots of lube when using. I rinse mine real good after every panel and it is really sticky with just water. Also very sticky after it dries. I store mine in the plastic thing it came in...remove the paper part first of course.

SlvrDragon50
08-12-2015, 12:09 AM
Well, that's what is confusing me. If I run my finger along the mitt, it doesn't really catch on the mitt?

It's definitely not slick, but it's not sticky like tape.

Oettinger
08-12-2015, 07:58 AM
I store my Nanoskin in the plastic container it came in as well. Mine is very sticky. As mentioned when folded onto itself I found out it left some residue on the paint even though I used plenty of lube. Lesson learned.