PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

hotrod7687
08-11-2015, 02:26 PM
I everyone, I'm Jon. I live in an small town in east Texas about 2 hours northeast of Houston.

I've got bitten by the auto detail bug again after a 10 year break. It started with me trying to save a terrible paint job that was done on my car, which couldn't be saved unfortunately :( Too many runs, dry spots and just plain terrible application of paint from someone who said he was a "painter". I did a better job when I painted my first car at 17 years old.

The paint on my car might be a lost cause, but I remembered how much I loved detailing. Its awesome whey you can take a car that looks old, beat up and neglected and make it look almost new again.

So I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to chatting with everyone here.

Red Hawk
08-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Hello Jon, welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information here & lots of friendly, knowledgeable people. Spend some time looking around & if you have a question you don't see answered, don't be afraid to ask it yourself. And if you say you have been bitten by the detail bug, be prepared to spend some $$$$. This place has nearly anything you could want.

Kamakaz1961
08-11-2015, 03:04 PM
Hi!! Welcome to AGO!! Go Dallas Cowboys!!!....

Red Hawk
08-11-2015, 07:17 PM
I quit watching football when the Cowboys fired Tom Landry. That man took that team from nothing to Super Bowl contenders nearly every year in the 80s.

hotrod7687
08-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys.

Yea I've already spent a bit on supplies since I'm having to start from scratch again.

Its a bit overwhelming compared to what I was doing before. So many good products out there I hardly know where to start. I've decided to go with meguiars products because that's what I used before.

I bought a couple of the red and black foam pads for the rotary, and I went with the chemical guys hexlogic orange and white pads for the orbital. For compounds I went with meguiars M105, M205 and I'll probably pick up another compound, as I hear that the M105 has a pretty steep learning curve.

Good thing is that I can experiment all I want on my mustang, because I have to repaint it anyway.

Kamakaz1961
08-11-2015, 10:33 PM
I quit watching football when the Cowboys fired Tom Landry. That man took that team from nothing to Super Bowl contenders nearly every year in the 80s.

It is funny you mentioned that. I too almost quit watching the Dallas Cowboys when they fired Tom Landry. But just by chance Jimmy Johnson, the new head coach (now Fox commentator for NFL) said that he did not like the way they handled Tom Landry's demise but to give him a chance to prove the new Dallas Cowboys.

A couple of years later, they gave Tom the proper way to go. But I was close.....

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Hi Jon, welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

Pats300zx
08-12-2015, 04:33 AM
Welcome to AGO Jon.

refreshauto
08-12-2015, 06:15 AM
Welcome to AGO. Im in west texas

TFTADetail
08-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Hello from ATX! :dblthumb2:

Paul A.
08-12-2015, 09:00 AM
Welcome Jon! :dblthumb2:

Abraham5G
08-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Welcome from Tyler TX, what town are you in?

Red Hawk
08-14-2015, 07:18 PM
It is funny you mentioned that. I too almost quit watching the Dallas Cowboys when they fired Tom Landry. But just by chance Jimmy Johnson, the new head coach (now Fox commentator for NFL) said that he did not like the way they handled Tom Landry's demise but to give him a chance to prove the new Dallas Cowboys.

A couple of years later, they gave Tom the proper way to go. But I was close.....
Was not a fan of Jimmy Johnson simply because he came from U of Miami. Back in the day, I was a Seminole fan. So what did they do for Landry?

hotrod7687
08-15-2015, 08:32 AM
Welcome from Tyler TX, what town are you in?

I'm in Nacogdoches.