PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else.annoyed by

banzaitoyota
08-11-2015, 12:00 PM
The release of a new model buffer right when you decided what one you are going to order? ,i.e. this morning CG announces the Torq 20 fx

Heisenberg
08-11-2015, 12:43 PM
It's a long throw polisher that is imitating what's already been done, except better. What polisher were you looking at before?

banzaitoyota
08-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Was looking at the.boss, but really reconsidering after I ordered.the gg3 and was not.impressed with its quality

builthatch
08-11-2015, 01:50 PM
your use of periods is unique.

don't worry, you made a good purchase.

Heisenberg
08-11-2015, 01:52 PM
GG3 is not a good example of the type of worksmanship from Griots. I used the GG6 for years and it is very good. They also have a lifetime warranty on their polishers. I still use the GG6 with a 3'' backing plate as my small polisher and I'm still happy with it.

I haven't gotten to use the Boss yet, but I'm willing to bet it's higher quality than the Torq. The other Torq that came out has pretty middling reviews if you look at people who use it often. If you're looking at long throw you can't really go wrong with the Rupes. It might be more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Kamakaz1961
08-11-2015, 02:10 PM
My $.02 worth...ANYTHING from Chemical Guys IMO is not the highest quality; products and including their DA Polisher. You did the right thing by getting the Boss.

I have had too many bad experiences with their products. I would assume the same goes for their DA.

Again, my 2 cents worth.

FUNX650
08-11-2015, 02:18 PM
The release of a new model buffer right when
you decided what one you are going to order?
That, in itself, doesn't annoy me.

It's the conflicting reviews that always
starts getting peddled-about...

Starting with:
"the fanbois" vs. "the haters"...

and often concluding with:
so-called reviews...from people that have yet to
even see, touch, or use that new model buffer .

Bob

Kamakaz1961
08-11-2015, 02:35 PM
That, in itself, doesn't annoy me.

It's the conflicting reviews that always
starts getting peddled-about...

Starting with:
"the fanbois" vs. "the haters"...

and often concluding with:
so-called reviews...from people that have yet to
even see, touch, or use that new model buffer .

Bob

BINGO!!!! I could have not said that any better! You hit the nail right on the head!! That's why you be Yoda and I am just chump change.....LOL :xyxthumbs:

That being said...I am just relating my experience with Chemical Guys in general. That is why I bad posted the DA even without trying it. My guess it's a fine machine but Chemical Guys in general are not too high on my list...from 1st hand experience.

banzaitoyota
08-11-2015, 03:11 PM
your use of periods is unique.

don't worry, you made a good purchase.

Sorry about the periods, fat fingers.and.a.small screen on my phone

FUNX650
08-11-2015, 03:24 PM
I am just relating my experience with Chemical Guys in general.
I meant nothing personal. My other posting went up
before I saw the overall content of yours. :)

Chemical Guys in general

are not too high on my list...

from 1st hand experience.
This is my sentiment as well.

Bob

custmsprty
08-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Was looking at the.boss, but really reconsidering after I ordered.the gg3 and was not.impressed with its quality

The BOSS is an awesome machine, The GG3 is what it is and by no means comparable.

I have the Rupes 15, Duetto, Mini, GG6, G21, and PE8.

The G21 is my favorite for all around use and the Rupes Mini for small area correcting and waxing is an amazing tool. The Duetto is excellent light weight and ergonomic. The 15 I have has sat in the box for over a year.

Kamakaz1961
08-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Bob as always you have not offended me at all. As always, you have my respect on all the comments you make. On occasion I may disagree, however, I do respect them.

No offense taken. BTW, I am seeing the new pics of the Torque. My guess is I would stick with the Boss. At least we know that Griot's has excellent customer service and this is from 1st hand experience too.

Have a good one bud!