PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz UK on Acrylic Enamel

bigbadbp7
08-10-2015, 10:31 PM
I am going to be polishing a 63 split window Corvette soon and I want to know if I can use Cquartz Uk on the paint. I have only used it on clear coated paint systems. I messaged the manufacture and they said it should be okay but do a test spot to make sure.

I do not want to do a test spot on a $100K car

Anyone use it before on Acrylic Enamel?

Also fun fact about the Corvette only 11 things are not original on the vehicle and it still has its Original owner!

bigbadbp7
08-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Bump

bigbadbp7
08-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Bump!

2black1s
08-16-2015, 04:37 PM
What are those 11 things? Is the paint one of them? If not, then the paint is acrylic lacquer, not acrylic enamel. Back in those days all GM cars were lacquer while Ford and Chrysler products were enamel.

As for your original question - sorry - I can't answer that one.

bigbadbp7
08-18-2015, 02:55 PM
What are those 11 things? Is the paint one of them? If not, then the paint is acrylic lacquer, not acrylic enamel. Back in those days all GM cars were lacquer while Ford and Chrysler products were enamel.

As for your original question - sorry - I can't answer that one.

It was repainted in 1983. I am not sure of what all of the 11 things are.

Bump.

conman1395
08-18-2015, 04:45 PM
I've called Corey from Carpro about using Cquartz on single stage paint. He said that there is no guarantee (in fact it is unlikely) that it will last 2 years or even 1 year. It's just unknown. He did however say the Sonus Ion Coating works well and can get a year out of it on single stage paints.

Mike lambert
08-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Since this is most likely a garage queen I would use a high quality sealant. I never coat single stage paints because of problems reported, such as streaking and no durability. Coatings as I understand were designed for clears not single stage
Just my thoughts

conman1395
08-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Since this is most likely a garage queen I would use a high quality sealant. I never coat single stage paints because of problems reported, such as streaking and no durability. Coatings as I understand were designed for clears not single stage
Just my thoughts
I agree, I'd rather hit it with something like Collinite 915 instead.

bigbadbp7
08-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Thank you guys for the response. I am just going to put Wolfgang deep gloss sealant on it and call it a day. He is coming in two weeks from now. I am very excited.

HUMP DIESEL
08-18-2015, 07:21 PM
I just posted an E30 that was single stage and I coated it with CQuartz Classic. It worked great, no streaks and great gloss enhancement.

HUMP

conman1395
08-18-2015, 08:11 PM
I just posted an E30 that was single stage and I coated it with CQuartz Classic. It worked great, no streaks and great gloss enhancement.

HUMP
Just to be clear on what I was saying:

I didn't mean it won't work and look good, but the durability is a unknown.

I've done Gloss Coat on a single stage 1st Gen Camaro SS (don't remember which year) and it looked great! But after talking to the OPT rep I made sure to let the customer know that 2 years probably won't happen.

HUMP DIESEL
08-21-2015, 06:48 AM
Just to be clear on what I was saying:

I didn't mean it won't work and look good, but the durability is a unknown.

I've done Gloss Coat on a single stage 1st Gen Camaro SS (don't remember which year) and it looked great! But after talking to the OPT rep I made sure to let the customer know that 2 years probably won't happen.

Agreed, and that was stated to the owner of this E30. I told him that we were really in uncharted territory and that the durability could be less than what the coating is designed for.

HUMP