PDA

View Full Version : What hybrid pad with HD Speed?

MIsnowman
08-10-2015, 05:19 PM
The title says it all. I picked up some HD speed during the free shipping event and was wondering what LC hybrid pad would be best to use with it on a Flex 3401? I'm planning to use it on my sister's 06 Mazda 6 tomorrow. The paint is in pretty good condition, but it has never been polished and is rarely waxed or even washed. Is the blue pad to aggressive? I know a few test spots would be best and I most likely will do that, but I was just curious what pads most of you are using with this product.

WaxMaster1
08-10-2015, 05:30 PM
The title says it all. I picked up some HD speed during the free shipping event and was wondering what LC hybrid pad would be best to use with it on a Flex 3401? I'm planning to use it on my sister's 06 Mazda 6 tomorrow. The paint is in pretty good condition, but it has never been polished and is rarely waxed or even washed. Is the blue pad to aggressive? I know a few test spots would be best and I most likely will do that, but I was just curious what pads most of you are using with this product.

Great question. I just got my 4" backing plate today and 6 hybrid pads: 2 blue, 2 white and 2 black. I am thinking blue or white for me, also depending on the car and paint, to be used with my HD Speed. I also want to buy some HD Poxy to top the Speed with.

ski2
08-10-2015, 06:14 PM
I also want to buy some HD Poxy to top the Speed with.

When you get your POXY pick up a bottle of HD Express gloss booster--amazing shine boost!! But, not like most sprays--I find it better to spread it with a foam pad then immediately buff off with a plush MF.

MIsnowman
08-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Great question. I just got my 4" backing plate today and 6 hybrid pads: 2 blue, 2 white and 2 black. I am thinking blue or white for me, also depending on the car and paint, to be used with my HD Speed. I also want to buy some HD Poxy to top the Speed with.

Have you used Speed before or are you trying it for the first time too? I also was thinking the blue pad, but I wasn't sure how well it would finish down. The car is blue, so it should be a little more forgiving, but I've also read a lot about Mazdas having relatively soft paint.

WaxMaster1
08-10-2015, 06:52 PM
When you get your POXY pick up a bottle of HD Express gloss booster--amazing shine boost!! But, not like most sprays--I find it better to spread it with a foam pad then immediately buff off with a plush MF.

Interesting, I will be ordering that. Thanks for the tip

Have you used Speed before or are you trying it for the first time too? I also was thinking the blue pad, but I wasn't sure how well it would finish down. The car is blue, so it should be a little more forgiving, but I've also read a lot about Mazdas having relatively soft paint.

I did use the speed with a generic blue (polishing pad and not as firm as the LC hybrid). It left a very nice finish, I didn't have any cutting to do.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-11-2015, 03:35 AM
Personally I would start off with the white Hybrid polishing pad. Look at response number two.
Lake Country Hybrid Aggressiveness Pad Chart (http://www.autopia.org/forums/the-detail-institute-presented-by-autopia-carcare-com/39383-lake-country-hybrid-aggressiveness-pad-chart.html)

I would venture to say that with the later release of the yellow light polishing pad, the white pad is in fact a bit more aggressive than what is mentioned personally.
Lake Country All Wool & Foam Comparison Chart (http://www.autopia.org/forums/the-detail-institute-presented-by-autopia-carcare-com/39417-lake-country-wool-foam-comparison-chart.html)

Eric@CherryOnTop
08-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Whatever the softest pad is that will the job done. Might even be able to get away with the black pad depending on the color and softness of the paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MIsnowman
08-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Thanks guys. I went ahead and used the white pad and it worked great.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-12-2015, 12:40 AM
Thanks guys. I went ahead and used the white pad and it worked great.

Good stuff. Thanks for the follow up on how it worked out.