PDA

View Full Version : Tornador Issues

aburgeson
08-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Got the tornador black the other day and tried it out this weekend. I was pretty disappointed in the performance but I feel this is due to my compressor. It only produces 3.3cfm at 90psi and I know the black requires 4.5cfm. My question is does this difference in cfm really effect the performance that much. Truthfully I feel like this was just blowing air around, not really doing a deep clean. I could see no difference in cleaning results and dont feel it justified the 200 dollar purchase. I may be getting another compressor for stuff around the garage and might consider finding a higher cfm machine.

HateSwirls
08-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Once you get the correct compressor you'll be blown away with it.
We use it daily in my detail shop.

medicscott
08-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Once you get the correct compressor you'll be blown away with it.
We use it daily in my detail shop.

Agreed. One of the most versatile tools a detailer can own.

JSou
08-10-2015, 05:27 PM
I love mine. Either for express or complete interior details the results are impressive.

aburgeson
08-20-2015, 10:27 AM
So I finally got a new compressor that pumps out 11.3 cfm @ 90psi. It also has a 60 gallon tank. More than enough for the tornador. I began using the tool and yes it did make a difference to have more air flowing though the tool but not enough to justify the price. I used my regular air attachment and although you have to do a bit more vacuuming since it blows it out of the crevices it still got the job done. The speed difference was negligible. I like that I can put solution in it but to be honest I can just use a spray bottle. My opinion only but I think I can find better tools for 200 bucks. I could invest that into the bissel little green machine and a steamer for almost the same price. I think I shall be returning this. Just my opinion though I know lots love this tool but maybe its just not right for me.