PDA

View Full Version : How do I tackle this roof

rcoops77
08-09-2015, 06:46 PM

Hi all.

This roof needs a 3 stage correction

The raised body lines worry me. I'm using a flex 3401 to do the job on wider areas. I have a griots 3 inch. Should I be using griots on the raised body lines??

Kamakaz1961
08-09-2015, 06:59 PM
IMO you can use the Flex with no issues. If you know how to use the Flex very well (which I think you do), you can angle the Flex to where the pad is in the corners. You can do that without the walking or pulling.

IMO you would be spending more time and not getting the results with the GG 3". It is not powerful enough (IMO & from 1st hand experience) to tackle something as big as that.

I recently worked on Cadillac Escalade and that is what I did. Treat the raised body lines as sharp curves. I used a 6.5" Hybrid and there were no issues.

IMO, you will have no issues at all with the raised body lines even flat with the Flex. The Flex is a beast and in this case the beast will take care of the raised roof no problem. It's hard to explain what I am talking about, but once you do it, you will see that this will be a "no issue".

Hoytman
08-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Your tools of choice will serve you well. Here, take a look at a roof that was far worse than that. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/75079-trashed-trailblazer-2-work-progress.html