PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Wolfgang Glaze?

A1monky
09-14-2007, 06:35 PM
I just recently tryed Wolfgang sealant, and I love it!!
Has anyone tryed the wolfgang glaze under the sealant? I have never used a glaze before, but I am willing to try. How to they get the sealant to bond to the glaze? I always thought that a sealant could not bond to a glaze because of the oils in the glaze??

Thanks in advance, Mike

makdaddy626
09-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Haven't tried the WG glaze but I have used the Polish Enhancer. I wasn't all that impressed with it (didn't really notice any difference with it) but I was working on a freshly polished car so there wasn't really much for it to hide or clean. If you want to try a sample let me pm me.

Reddwarf
09-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm intrigued. I never noticed this product before. I love the WG DGS. I thought you could not put a sealant on top of a glaze but this says different: "Use Finishing Glaze prior to the application of a wax or sealant for a stunning, high gloss shine." I hope someone out there has used this an can comment on it.

makdaddy626
09-14-2007, 10:25 PM
I don't think that the WG "glaze" is a glaze in the traditional sense - here's a previous thread about it where the general opinion seems to be that it's actually a very fine finishing polish. It does say it contains abrasives where I dont' believe most true glazes do.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/wolfgang-car-care/1220-either-both.html

Nica
09-15-2007, 12:24 AM
I agree with makdaddy626. I own the WG Glaze, unfortunetly I have a few other Glazes that I'm trying out that I haven't made it to the WF Glaze...I'll have to use it on the next detail though.

A1monky
09-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the replies. The product is interesting. And espesially thanks to Macdaddy. I will pm you now.

2001MineralGrayStang
09-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I've used it, can't say it made a huge difference but it seemed to allow the sealant to bond fine. No complaints, but I'm undecided wether or not it was worth the time and money.

ScottB
09-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Wolfgang Concours and Four Star UPP are two sealants usually missed and should be tried. Both are easy to use, stunning, and keep up well when using the line and even adding the polycharger booster to enhanced performance and slickness.

wytstang
09-15-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm intrigued. I never noticed this product before. I love the WG DGS. I thought you could not put a sealant on top of a glaze but this says different: "Use Finishing Glaze prior to the application of a wax or sealant for a stunning, high gloss shine." I hope someone out there has used this an can comment on it.
There are exceptions to the rule, take PB EX and EX-P both (from what I've read on the boards) have bonded just fine over CK VM/RMG from what users have reported. I have used VM/UPP together a few years ago and it seemed to bond just fine as well (read those two could so I tried it).