PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Damonsfcd
08-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Hi folks, I'm at my wit's end here. So far I've registered my business on google plus, created a Google Adwords ad, made a Facebook for my business, promoted it, registered on yelp, and made a website. I've only gotten one call. Heck, I even promoted a post on a group in my area with over 5,000 members saying (paraphrasing here) "hey, I'll give you a maintenance wash and you can pay what you want" just to put myself out there. I haven't had a single like, comment, inquiry, or anything else from that post.

My heart is breaking. What am I failing at?

Here's my FB page: facebook.com/damonsfcd

Here's my website: damonsfcd.com

I haven't had any paying customers yet.

DaveT435
08-08-2015, 02:28 PM
No referrals or repeat business from past details done?

Damonsfcd
08-08-2015, 02:45 PM
No referrals or repeat business from past details done?

None. I have my first paid gig tomorrow.

DaveT435
08-08-2015, 02:55 PM
How many details have you done prior to opening your business? Word of mouth is always the most effective advertising you can have. Some referrals from past work would help. Any job you do try to get some refferal business.
Sorry things are starting out slow. Work on your reputation every chance you get. Both your work and your personal reputation. If you go to church you may be able to drum up some business there. Do you have any neighbors that have shown interest in your work? Mention to them you went into business. Even washes at this point will help pay the bills.

RFrommann
08-08-2015, 03:03 PM
personally, i think you should do a couple close friends car's. take many different 50/50 shots, before and after shots also. give them 50% off, or more. you have to get people talking about you. also, need more "friends" on facebook. only a certain percentage of people see your posts. so out of that 80 followers you have, maybe 20 people actually saw your post!

edit: tell new customers that for every 1 new customer they bring you, you'll give them 25% off their next service. give them an incentive to talk about you. by doing this, if someone tells 2 people, you didnt lose 50%, because without that person you wouldn't have gotten those 2 services they referred to you, or the 50% they're paying for the returning discount!

Damonsfcd
08-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Thank you, Dave. :)

raysanni
08-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Start with your family and friends and give them half price on details in exchange for likes and posts on facebook or social media. Pass out complimentary gift certificates to business owners so you can get people talking about you. Word of mouth if stronger then you think

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Damonsfcd
08-08-2015, 03:09 PM
personally, i think you should do a couple close friends car's. take many different 50/50 shots, before and after shots also. give them 50% off, or more. you have to get people talking about you. also, need more "friends" on facebook. only a certain percentage of people see your posts. so out of that 80 followers you have, maybe 20 people actually saw your post!

It seems like people are seeing them, but they don't care. I'll take your suggestion with the before/after shots and deep discounts. Maybe I'll have to suffer in the beginning with getting paying customers, but I am so meticulous and the work is so hard on my body, especially starting off with only a pop tent that I can only fit a car under, that I've been reluctant to give on my pricing. It looks like that is what I shall do.

I've always felt that the more one suffers, the greater the reward will be.

Thank you, RFommann :)

Damonsfcd
08-08-2015, 03:11 PM
Start with your family and friends and give them half price on details in exchange for likes and posts on facebook or social media. Pass out complimentary gift certificates to business owners so you can get people talking about you. Word of mouth if stronger then you think

Gift certificates? I, trying to think how I would go about doing that, and keeping track of them. Have you had any experiences with people abusing these? i.e. Counterfits?

raysanni
08-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Number the cerificates and keep alist of where and who you gave them to. Make them out for %10 percent off or $20 dollar value. You have to give people an incentive to go with you. If they like your work then word of mouth travels fast.

raysanni
08-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Dont ever give your services away unless your doing a demostration for multiple people

mires
08-08-2015, 03:30 PM
I liked your Facebook page :xyxthumbs:

One thing I would do is to make relevant posts on your Facebook page to try and drum up business.

I see you're in Waco. I am also from Texas so I know the havoc the sun can wreak on a vehicles paint there. Make a post about that. No better time than in the middle of summer.

Something along the lines of this:

"They say your car is the 2nd largest purchase you will make in life next to your house. One of the best ways to protect your investment is to keep a coat of wax on the paint at all times! Give me a call or send me a message and let's talk about what I can do to protect your ride from the elements".

Along with this, I would post a couple pics of vehicles with clear coat failure to really drive the point home.

Just a thought. Feel free to just copy and paste to your page if you like the sounds of it. :dblthumb2:

Damonsfcd
08-08-2015, 03:47 PM
I liked your Facebook page :xyxthumbs:

One thing I would do is to make relevant posts on your Facebook page to try and drum up business.

I see you're in Waco. I am also from Texas so I know the havoc the sun can wreak on a vehicles paint there. Make a post about that. No better time than in the middle of summer.

Something along the lines of this:

"They say your car is the 2nd largest purchase you will make in life next to your house. One of the best ways to protect your investment is to keep a coat of wax on the paint at all times! Give me a call or send me a message and let's talk about what I can do to protect your ride from the elements".

Along with this, I would post a couple pics of vehicles with clear coat failure to really drive the point home.

Just a thought. Feel free to just copy and paste to your page if you like the sounds of it. :dblthumb2:

Great idea!

Only modification I will make is removing the word "investment".

The vast majority of cars are a depreciating asset. A liability instead of an investment.

However, taking good care of your assets does allow them to retain greater value for a longer period of time. :)

I'll get right on it, and thank you :)

Damonsfcd
08-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Mires, how do you like that post?

If it's good, feel free to copy/paste. :)

Damonsfcd
08-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Number the cerificates and keep alist of where and who you gave them to. Make them out for %10 percent off or $20 dollar value. You have to give people an incentive to go with you. If they like your work then word of mouth travels fast.

Solid. I'll draw up some tonight. Thanks!