PDA

View Full Version : Social Media

LSNAutoDetailing
08-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Has Social Media (FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc..) helped anyone?
Currently I am not on any of these platforms, business or personal.

For FB, do I have to create a personal account to have a business page?

Any and all comments welcome.

FinishingTouchA
08-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Yes, FB requires a personal page to make a business page. The unpaid reach with Facebook, however, is not even worth your time. Though, if you use paid targeted advertising, it does wonders. I've gained quite a few customers by targeting people within 10 miles of my shop with household income of more than 100k. Also have ran ads targeting people who go to car shows or drive "Special Interest" vehicles.

I've tried twitter many times since it began but haven't ever stuck with it for more than a few days. Guess it's just not for everyone.

Instagram is my new favorite but to be completely honest I'm not so sure on the impact it has on local business. It's really fun to gain a large amount of followers, but most of my engagement comes from other detailers. I have been to a couple car meets with my company shirts on and people ask if I'm @ftadetailing on Instagram haha so I know the reach is good. The thing with Instagram is the people who follow you see you. You don't have to pay for people to see your posts. The key to getting good engagement and gaining followers is using the right hashtags and posting often. If you don't see the fun in it though, and only want to use it for business, I wouldn't recommend instagram as the majority of people who see your posts will be out of state.

I use social media more for branding than anything else. I have big growth plans for my business so people recognizing the name and logo early on is important to me.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to ask here or pm me.

PFinishDetail
08-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Social media really is the new wave of marketing, its a great way to get your name out there and as Ryan said is definitely good for branding. I'm in the process of kicking mine into high gear now.

Lustrous Detail
08-06-2015, 08:39 PM
When you post pics of your work, post 50/50 shots and before and after pics. People love seeing those kind of stuff

sweatthedetails
08-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Tons of local car club pages and swip swap pages that I advertise on. Great way to get your name out.

www.JaxDetails.com
www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
I may be slow, but I do poor work.

SKorch630
08-09-2015, 01:51 AM
I use facebook. I have an instagram, and use it, but not for the business. Great platform though!

PFinishDetail
08-09-2015, 02:11 AM
I'm on Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Google plus and Twitter as of now.

It's definitely a good idea to have a google+ business page as it also helps boost your seo ranking on google as well.

sdguy55
08-09-2015, 07:15 AM
I am on Facebook personally and professionally and just on IG personally. I haven't really tired, or seen how to, run two different IG accounts on Android.

My Facebook business page on the other hand is doing awesome. Within 2 weeks I have gotten over 250 likes and never boosted a single post. I did one contest and just that one contest got me over 100 likes and 130 shares. 'Reaching' over 3000 people. Idk what impact the 'reach' part of it has but I do know that likes and shares= free advertising.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mantilgh
08-09-2015, 08:01 AM
I am on Facebook personally and professionally and just on IG personally. I haven't really tired, or seen how to, run two different IG accounts on Android.

My Facebook business page on the other hand is doing awesome. Within 2 weeks I have gotten over 250 likes and never boosted a single post. I did one contest and just that one contest got me over 100 likes and 130 shares. 'Reaching' over 3000 people. Idk what impact the 'reach' part of it has but I do know that likes and shares= free advertising.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

What is this contest you are referring to if you could please?

How do you target income groups? I could not find this option in the FB boost section.

And what tags do you use for the targeted interests box?

Sorry thread jack

Mantilgh
08-09-2015, 12:08 PM
I copied this from what I just posted on another tread.

Just did the Fb boost thing for the first time this morning. I just did the least expensive one ($20) and have already gotten a couple of views and likes. And just took a call from a guy who saw a headlight resto I did and wants his daughters car done.

I think the boost might help people that haven't really thought about getting something done think about it. Like in my case, the guy who viewed my headlight one may have thought that headlights like that were unsalvageable.

sdguy55
08-09-2015, 06:27 PM
What is this contest you are referring to if you could please?

How do you target income groups? I could not find this option in the FB boost section.

And what tags do you use for the targeted interests box?

Sorry thread jack

I just said that I appreciated all the business that I have gotten from everyone so far and that I was giving away a free wash and interior clean (call it my bronze package) to enter the contest was simple. All they had to do was like my page and share the post.

Like I said before I did not boost the post.

Just a tip though if I had to do it again I would tell them they had to comment on the post also. Facebook won't allow you to see every one that has shared your post