PDA

View Full Version : Stripping Wax

AUdakota
09-14-2007, 04:15 AM
What soaps can I use other than Dawn to strip any wax that may be on a car off. I like to try out new combos pretty often so how can I get the wax off. I do not have access to my PC here at school so any sort of AIO product is outta the question.

klumzypinoy
09-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Do you have access to clay? There's also products that don't need a PC to strip wax, such as Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, Wolfgang's paint cleanser, and P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. I know Pinnacle's and P21S's leave some oils though, but those wash off. There's probably more that I haven't mentioned that's from AG. As for soaps, I don't know of any that's from AG..

ScottB
09-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Commercial versions include Prepsol, Acrysol, 3M Wax and Adhesive Remover, and Paint Prep. As offered above most paint cleaners will chemically remove any prior wax or sealant, and if using a polish (abrasive) it will mechanically.

Thejoyofdriving
09-14-2007, 09:32 AM
I use 303 AC.

AUdakota
09-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah I can clay, but im afraid of causing any marring when I dont have my PC and polishes here to fix it. Ill look at the cleansing lotions, I used the PCL at home with the PC and really liked it, maybe ill have to bite the bullet and order some.

SVTContour
09-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Mequires NXT