PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cleaner

spielwurfel
08-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Hello guys

I'm looking for an interior cleaner (for my dashboard, black piano interior trim, leather steering wheel, infotainment touch screen, etc.) and I'm interested on Chemical Guys Nonsense for not having any kind of smell, thus seems to be a good all around product.

My interior never gets very dirty since I'm very careful and clean it constantly. I has basically light body oils all around after some use.

Do someone recommend the Nonsense? I looked on the internet but didn't see anyone using it for the interior. Could it harm any of the surfaces I mentioned?

Thanks!

DogRescuer
08-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Im not sure but if your new to detailing I personally don't like CG for ANYTHING especially customer service/ stay here and we will treat you right. You will get many answers on this subject my go to interior cleaner on all surfaces is 1z deep plastic cleaner its awesome on leather just make sure you condition o sorry I don't know what to use on your screen. Or you can always use a apc at 10:1 and see how that does.

AnthonyGXP
08-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner D101- diluted 10:1 and Meguiar's Super Degreaser D108- diluted 4:1 for heavily soiled areas. I also use ONR or UWWW on sensitive surfaces and door jambs. 303 Aerospace Protectant is used after cleaning for interior protection.

DogRescuer
08-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner D101- diluted 10:1 and Meguiar's Super Degreaser D108- diluted 4:1 for heavily soiled areas. I also use ONR or UWWW on sensitive surfaces and door jambs. 303 Aerospace Protectant is used after cleaning for interior protection.
Im not sure 303 for cleaning but protection hell to the yeah

asalesagent912
08-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Griot's garage interior cleaner.
Its good to clean most surfaces including carpets. not sure about screens. dont think so.

Mantilgh
08-05-2015, 08:52 PM
I have not tried Nonsense, but have heard good reports on here.

I don't typically have the pleasure of doing light cleanings, but on my car I will use ONR for light clean up with no protection, or Dub Interior Clean and Shine if I want some protection. I believe the Dub product (made by Meguiars), is very similar to Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer (QID), but with a berry scent. I am not a fan of the scent that QID has.

If you go to the page for Clean and Shine on the Dubcare website the description says;

"Gently cleans leather, vinyl, plastic and navigation screens and leaves behind a light shine with a long lasting wild berry fragrance"

If I am cleaning a dirty customers car. I clean everything with my APC (Optimum Power Clean), except the speedo cluster and the "infotainment" pieces. Those I will clean with ONR or QID. QID can be purchased in larger quantities and is much more cost effective than the OTC Dub version.

Edit: QID and Clean and Shine do not add any gloss/shine to the surface. I taped off a section on my dash and tried both side by side. Pulled off the tape and I could not tell any thing was there. When I sprayed some more product to touch up the area that was taped off, you could obviously see it bead up where it had been applied and lie flat were it wasn't.

Double Edit: I have used the Griots Interior Cleaner. It has virtually no smell, and cleans fairly well. I believe Nonsense is usually recommend as a more cost effective replacement.

custmsprty
08-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Don't use ANYTHING on your screen that is not a dedicated product for that type of cleaning.

Mothers Revision Touchscreen Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-revision-touchscreen-cleaner.html)

Plexus is the most effective plsatic polish available for cleaning, protecting,and polishing all kinds of plastic. plexus, plexus plastic (http://www.autogeek.net/plexus-plastic-polish.html)

spielwurfel
08-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the answer guys! Which is the ONR? I have google it but found other things hahaha

Mantilgh
08-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Sorry, lots of acronyms here. ONR = Optimum No Rinse

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: clay lubricant, optimum rinseless wash, no rinse car wash, optimum detailing products (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html)

I also forgot to mention when doing said things with ONR/QID/Dub; I lightly spray the pieces just enough to get a good mist on the surface and dampen a plush microfiber with a few sprays, then wipe the surface.

The plastic on speedo clusters, and possibly nav screens too, can scratch fairly easily so try to use a clean part of your towel for every wipe. I will also spray some into a 1" round detail brush and lightly agitate around the corners if needed.

2black1s
08-08-2015, 01:13 AM
For light cleaning I use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer (QID). I don't usually spray the QID on anything but rather use 3 or 4 of the wipes stacked together and spray them with QID to keep them damp if and when they begin to dry out. Wipe with the damp wipes and follow with a dry microfiber towel. The QID effectively cleans light soiling and provides some UV protection for everything in your interior, except fabrics, and leaves a completely natural looking finish with a light, pleasant scent.

rcoops77
08-08-2015, 01:41 AM
Another goodie which I tried out last week for the first time is Scholl Concepts Spam Universal Cleaner. All the plastic trim came up beautifully with a great scent. I used a foam mf applicator, sprayed product into applicator.

rcoops77
08-08-2015, 01:43 AM
Another goodie which I tried out last week for the first time is Scholl Concepts Spam Universal Cleaner. All the plastic trim came up beautifully with a great scent. I used a foam mf applicator, sprayed product into applicator. 36405

SKorch630
08-08-2015, 01:44 AM
I use my APC diluted usually 5/6:1. Then Mothers VLR. I don't have much experience with other products though..