PDA

View Full Version : opti gloss vs cquartz uk

reeloe
08-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Hello

I've hard to decide what to put on my car, opti gloss or cquartz

Im out after something that will be protect more and better life span.

I dont care so much about gloss, only protection.

Opti coat 2.0 seems perfect but they dont sell it anymore. How is opti gloss. It says it holds 2 years but opti coat 2.0 had 5 years or something?

Please help me.

zmcgovern45
08-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Opti-Coat 2.0 was marketed as "permanent"... that is a can of worms, so I won't get into it.

As far as UK or Gloss-Coat is concerned... they're both fine products. I really like the look of UK, however it can be quite finicky to apply - especially if you're working in warmer environments (say above 70F). If that is the case, I would highly recommend either CQuartz Classic or Gloss-Coat as they are both significantly easier to apply.

I have yet to find a coating that won't provide good beading/sheeting for at least 18 months, so if that is all you're after then you can choose any coating on the market. There are tons of coatings available now, and everyone will have their own opinion about which one is "best"... my advice is to simply choose one that sounds interesting to you and try it out. You won't know what works best for you until you've tried a couple of them out.

-Zach

VP Mark
08-05-2015, 10:14 AM
If you are new to the coating world and want something simple to apply, go with Gloss-Coat. As long as you follow guidelines it is super easy and will give you great protection and looks.

reeloe
08-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Thanks for your answer. I will have a friend to do it so the apply is not problem.

The main question is which one will hold more and longer and protect more.

Crispy
10-30-2015, 04:37 PM
I agree the Gloss Coat works for me and since I tend correct often on my daily driver I rarely have untouched panel for more than a year. The nice part about Gloss Coat is I can apply wax if I want and no problems. I make sure apply late fall and early spring for best protection. My prep of choice is Poli-Seal (yellow creamy stuff) and then Meguiars 305 Glaze. Car looks and remains almost wet looking.

conman1395
10-30-2015, 04:44 PM
As a former installer of Opti-Coat pro and Gloss Coat I can say Gloss Coat seems to work really well.

As someone who has Cquartz Classic on their car, I think it's a better deal.

Classic vs UK is simply a matter of environmental factors and also the color of your car. Dark colors look better with UK.

If you've never used coatings before, I'd suggest Gloss Coat because it's the easiest of the "top shelf" coatings I've used.

I used to have DG Enviroshield on my car and it worked well too, but honestly doesn't compare to Cquartz.

I honestly feel like both will last about the same (both should last 2 years), but you have to be willing to take care of it and wash it regularly.

Ebg18t
10-30-2015, 08:07 PM
Don't forget about the BlackFire Coating.