PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Decal, Exterior, Sunshade

MikeTaylor57
08-04-2015, 04:15 PM
I have a 2003 Chevy Siverado Z71 Ext Cab, White in Color. Getting older and my eyes can't take driving into the sun any longer for extended periods. Does anyone know of an exterior ,cut to fit decal that is solid in color, preferably withe with some sort of Chevy, or Z71, or Bowtie on it. I want something full across and preferably cut to fit exterior decal. thanks in advance for the help.Feed back please

WaxMaster1
08-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Hmmmm. I know what you mean. I'm in Florida and the first thing I do when I get a car is have the windows tinted and have a strip of tint put at the top of the windshield. You may want to explore that option.

Ebg18t
08-04-2015, 05:22 PM
While not legal in all states it is common here in FL to tint the windshield with something like 3M Crystaline 90 which is almost invisible on the window. IIRC FL DOT requires 70% of light transmission is the windshield requirement, your state may vary. But the film blocks a ton of UV and glare. Might be worth checking into. Once I get my new windshield I will be adding 3M Crystaline 90 on my windshield.

Glass/Window Tinting | AAA/CAA Digest of Motor Laws (http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/glass-window-tinting/)

FUNX650
08-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Indiana's Tint Laws

Windshield:
Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.

All other Windows:
Must allow more than 30% of light in.

So:
Looks like your best bet is prescription sunglasses.
Perhaps they'll need to be "polarized".

Bob