PDA

View Full Version : Surbuf R 5.5" Pads

Zubair
08-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Hi Everyone

Those that are using this pads, any advice on them? How aggressive are they? Which LC pad do they compare to?

VISITOR
08-05-2015, 01:27 AM
here's a good read (over 5+ years old) if you haven't seen it already...
Surbuf Pad paired with M105 and PC is a defect killer! (http://www.autopia.org/forums/epic-threads/169076-surbuf-pad-paired-m105-pc-defect-killer.html)

Zubair
08-05-2015, 01:46 AM
Thanks, so this pad on hard German paints and FG400 would be an ideal combo? Also can I use this on a Flex or Rupes safely?

VISITOR
08-05-2015, 02:31 AM
i haven't used these in years and my only experience with them is with the PC. i don't think these were intended to be used with the flex or the rupes but you can always experiment and find out (never really heard of anyone using them with those polishers). these pads were used for heavy correction (with the DA) prior to microfiber pads even hitting the scene. they do leave some micro-marring behind and should be followed up with a polishing step. i've used them on headlights quite a few times and they do a great job of cleaning them up. go to YT and type in ' surbuf pads ' and you'll see some videos up...

7.3powerstroke
08-05-2015, 06:35 AM
Zubair, another vendor sells Surbuf. On their website they claim these pads cut like a rotary while leaving a better finish. They are talking about using it on a 21, 15 etc. They say its a great step up from the Megs discs if you need more cut. I have some of these pads laying around, never got the chance to use them yet.

dlc95
08-05-2015, 07:46 AM
A comparable Lake Country offering would probably be their Purple Thin Foamed Wool Pads.

Zubair
08-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Thanks, am ordering the 6" blue hybrid foamed wool LC pads instead as I know it will work on the Flex and probably have better cut.

eaglefan
08-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Surbuf pad and 105 is a monster. Only time I use 105 now, seems to work better with the Surbuf for me than FG. I used this combo, with a GG6, on a black caddy. That paint was laughing at the microfiber pads when I tried them, so I stepped up to the surfbuf. Anyway, I did have to follow it up with 2 different polishing steps. Great combo for me, I don't have a rotary or wool pads. YET!