PDA

View Full Version : Not getting the desired results!!!!

pricha00
09-13-2007, 08:27 PM
I am trying to polish up my 06 Rav4 and I am not getting rid of the swirls like I hoped that I would. I am using the UDM with a combination of the orange LC pad and Optimum compound followed by the white LC pad and the Optimum polish. Under the correct light I am still seeing plenty of swirls in the clear. I am going on speed 6 and trying to move as slowly as possible. I certainly am experiencing the symptom of the compound and polish not really breaking down in a timely fashion. I am trying not to use too much product and work it until I at least see some dusting. Even with the compound I am not seeing a cloudy result when I am done. Does that mean its not really doing a whole lot of work? I would rather have to polish the finish back to shiny and have the swirls gone than have a nice smooth finish but still swirly. In most situations the paint looks good but I want it better!!!!! This is a daily driver and not a show car but if I can work on own black car I would feel comfortable doing some friends vehicles as well. So I guess it comes down to am I doing the process wrong or am I working with the wrong products? It looks so easy in the Pinnacle video!!

Pat.

Pauly6401
09-13-2007, 08:44 PM
How long are you working the compound and polish for before you stop?

Also, are you wiping off the compound or polish residue with a microfiber before you inspect the paint?

bill walsh
09-13-2007, 08:52 PM
i know the optimum products have long working time

pricha00
09-13-2007, 09:36 PM
I am not using a stopwatch but I would imagine at least 3 minutes or longer. Yes I am buffing off the product with a microfiber cloth and it comes off fairly easily. Not hard like a wax but not so soft that it feels like it has alot more to give if you know what I mean. I am leaning towards ordering a yellow pad or trying the XMT line of products. I guess if its technique then I am in a for a let down.

Pat.