PDA

View Full Version : Tornador Air Blow Out Gun - Compressor Size?

LaSHOOOOSH
08-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Hey All,

I picked up a Tornador Air Blow Out Gun and was wondering what compressor will work with this tool?

The one I have is a 2HP, 8 gallon 125PSI and it doesn't even work with it.. So looking to know what type of compressor you pros are using with this tool? Thanks all.

Nick McKees37
08-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Hey All,

I picked up a Tornador Air Blow Out Gun and was wondering what compressor will work with this tool?

The one I have is a 2HP, 8 gallon 125PSI and it doesn't even work with it.. So looking to know what type of compressor you pros are using with this tool? Thanks all.

You'll need an air compressor that operates between 60 and 90 psi at 4.5< CFM.

I have a 33 gallon Husky at home that operates it without breaking a sweat. I'd imagine you can get away with a 25 gallon unit.

LaSHOOOOSH
08-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Ok great.. Looks like i'll have to upgrade.. Thanks Nick.

You'll need an air compressor that operates between 60 and 90 psi at 4.5< CFM.

I have a 33 gallon Husky at home that operates it without breaking a sweat. I'd imagine you can get away with a 25 gallon unit.

rockford33
08-05-2015, 12:10 PM
A little off topic Nick, but how well do you think your compressor at home would handle a Tornador classic?

Neil

Nick McKees37
08-05-2015, 12:42 PM
A little off topic Nick, but how well do you think your compressor at home would handle a Tornador classic?

Neil

Hi Neil,

The Tornador (Classic and BLACK) perform flawlessly with my 33 gallon Husky. I cleaned my entire engine bay without the compressor kicking on once. Granted, if I were cleaning the inside of a minivan or large SUV, then yes it might run for a brief period, but my compressor fills up relatively quickly so that's not an issue.

Unless you're running a high-volume detail shop that's going to be using Tornador guns 12 hours a day, then a 30-35 gallon unit is perfect for casual use at home.

Tornador Black Engine Detailing - Review & How To (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/92413-tornador-black-engine-detailing-review-how.html)

A couple weeks ago I picked up a 33 gallon Husky air compressor from Home Depot. It was a killer deal that I couldn't pass up. The first thing that came to mind was "Tornador." I've been using the Tornador BLACK here at AG headquarters for years now, but it's the one tool I've never been able to take home.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=95703

All you need is an air compressor that can produce 4.5 cfm at 90 psi. My Husky is a 33 gallon and it produces 5 cfm at 90 psi. If you have a pancake air compressor, it's not going to cut it. It's worth noting that my air compressor didn't turn on once the entire time I was using the Tornador BLACK.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=95708

:dblthumb2:

rockford33
08-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Awesome! I've been looking to upgrade my compressor to handle my Tornador classic. I would love to get a 60 gallon (and they are only about $50 more), but I don't have 240 volt outlet available to run it.