PDA

View Full Version : Stains on new car paint?

spencer559
08-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Hi guys im new to this forum but I have been looking through and have polished and waxed my car and what not, anyways I just got this 2015 Ecoboost Mustang in black and after polishing it and waxing it the first time I noticed some stains on the hood, I quickly removed them with a DA polisher and a wool pad along with ultimate cutting compound. To continue i noticed more of these spots, this one being the most obvious, it doesn't show unless you put a fluorescent light on it, however the other stains that you can see look as though something dripped down the car, none of them have a defined dot like this, anyways pictures speak more so just give me on advice on what it is, is it rapgard, or a clearcoat stain, or what is it? would my best course of action to be to go get some m105 and a orange foam waffle pad? any advice is appreciated thank you!

trekkeruss
08-03-2015, 08:23 PM
I don't know what the stain is, but did you try to remove it during the wash? If regular shampoo wouldn't remove it, I would try a water spot remover.

spencer559
08-03-2015, 08:26 PM
I don't know what the stain is, but did you try to remove it during the wash? If regular shampoo wouldn't remove it, I would try a water spot remover.
its not a water spot or anything like that, its definitely a stain because the car has been washed several times, the other area was more spread out and it looked as if the basecoat was faded but it came out with the DA, its really strange but i can guarantee its not a waterspot

spencer559
08-03-2015, 08:30 PM
also so everyone knows the picture was turned sideways and the stain is going DOWNWARD, its right by the gas tank

trekkeruss
08-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Well then I would try a paint cleaner; really, anything without abrasives ... I would try anything less aggressive than polishing.

spencer559
08-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Well then I would try a paint cleaner; really, anything without abrasives ... I would try anything less aggressive than polishing.
If a paint cleaner doesn't work would m105 be fine with a DA? just saying this because I somewhat tried with polish already and it didn't work very well, does m105 take off a lot of clearcoat?