PDA

View Full Version : GG6 with BOSS pads?

Pages : [1] 2

AbileneAutoWerx
08-03-2015, 02:34 PM
I've sent him a couple PM's but I'm guessing he's not on here much.

In a reply to a post I made a while back he said he was going to do a write up on using the BOSS pads with the GG6.

I was just wondering how that was coming along. If any of you fellow G15/21 owners have used the pads on the GG6 please feel free to chime in.

:)

Brownie
08-03-2015, 03:20 PM
I've sent him a couple PM's but I'm guessing he's not on here much. In a reply to a post I made a while back he said he was going to do a write up on using the BOSS pads with the GG6. I was just wondering how that was coming along. If any of you fellow G15/21 owners have used the pads on the GG6 please feel free to chime in.

Hey Bud,

Thanks for reaching out. :xyxthumbs:I received your PM on Sunday at 1:30 pm or so. Flew to Griot's Garage in Tacoma all am, had lunch with Richard Griot and just sat down to my laptop.

Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner. I sent you a fairly detailed response and hope it squares you away. I appreciate you reaching out.

Always here to address the fellow forum members questions. I will always do my best to respond in a timely manner... my main responsibility to develop products which doesn't always allow me to be online. Please keep the questions coming. I'll always shoot it to you straight. Thanks all,

Jeff

AbileneAutoWerx
08-03-2015, 03:49 PM
I got your PM Jeff and I fully understand about the delayed reply. Thanks again for such a detailed reply! The time you took to send me so much info just shows again what kind of company Griot's is and how much you care about the products and the folks buying them!

RFrommann
08-03-2015, 05:41 PM
i have used the MF boss pad on my GG6. i felt that it did exactly what i was aiming for, rather quickly.

it's the first MF pad i've ever used, and the first non foam pad used on my GG6. i have plenty of time using a rotary with a wool pad. but the boss MF on the GG6 felt like it got the job done quicker.

care to forward some of that info jeff sent you?

Brownie
08-03-2015, 07:55 PM
i have used the MF boss pad on my GG6. i felt that it did exactly what i was aiming for, rather quickly.

it's the first MF pad i've ever used, and the first non foam pad used on my GG6. i have plenty of time using a rotary with a wool pad. but the boss MF on the GG6 felt like it got the job done quicker.

care to forward some of that info jeff sent you?

That info is super top secret... :D The information shared is a taste of something I'm writing to shed quantitative data which demonstrates how pad weight and thickness critically effects Long-Throw Orbital performance, as well as 8mm tools like our GG6.

I'm at Griot's this week in relentless meetings and working in the garage testing products. I will devote some time to hammering this write-up out. Please give me a week or so... hopefully will be worth it.

Griot's Garage fully supports the use of the BOSS Pads (Micro Fiber and Foam) with the GG6 and GG6-modified to a 5" system. Bottom line, you will experience smoother operation and improved correction.

Have a good week!

Klasse Act
08-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Great idea and I know what I'll be getting over the winter season, thanks for the thread on this OP :xyxthumbs:

Would like to pass along how much I appreciate how Griots customer service goes above and beyond to keep their customers happy, yet more proof right here!

AbileneAutoWerx
08-03-2015, 11:03 PM
I've been more impressed with their customer service than any company I've bought from. I feel they truly care about their customers and with the new BOSS system and things coming in the future it just shows they are here to stay and never stop innovating. I love my G15 and GG6. With the BOSS pads I know I'll love the GG6 even more. I can't wait for the full write up Jeff. I have no doubt it will be very informative! Maybe a admin can change the name of the post to "GG6 with BOSS pads" or something. Might sound a bit better and get more attention than it sounding like I was just calling Jeff out. I hope it didn't come across the wrong way Jeff...I've never been very good with titles....lol. Thanks again!

RaskyR1
08-04-2015, 11:52 AM
I've been more impressed with their customer service than any company I've bought from. I feel they truly care about their customers and with the new BOSS system and things coming in the future it just shows they are here to stay and never stop innovating. I love my G15 and GG6. With the BOSS pads I know I'll love the GG6 even more. I can't wait for the full write up Jeff. I have no doubt it will be very informative! Maybe a admin can change the name of the post to "GG6 with BOSS pads" or something. Might sound a bit better and get more attention than it sounding like I was just calling Jeff out. I hope it didn't come across the wrong way Jeff...I've never been very good with titles....lol. Thanks again!

I think that's a good idea too. :props:

Mike Phillips
08-04-2015, 11:54 AM
I think that's a good idea too. :props:

Done.

:)

AbileneAutoWerx
08-04-2015, 12:22 PM
You're the man Mike!

Souldetailer
01-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Anymore comments on the use of Boss pads on the GG6?

Dereksdtail
01-09-2017, 03:41 PM
That's my setup, I can run the polisher at lower speeds and get plenty of correction

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Dereksdtail
01-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Real smooth too[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Coopers ST
01-09-2017, 04:16 PM
I also have changed over to 5.5" BOSS pads on my GG6. Great results with hd speed. I also have a few 6.5" boss pads but haven't used them yet.

Souldetailer
01-09-2017, 06:11 PM
That's my setup, I can run the polisher at lower speeds and get plenty of correction

Real smooth too[emoji106]

Great to here Derek (I assume it' Derek from your forum name). Been detailing for awhile but recently got back into it with a deep seeded enthusiasm and geekiness. Will be getting another machine come spring but I do love my my GG6 and it will always be used. I do need some new pads and believe I will start with the Boss 5 1/2" ones. Thanks for chiming in D. Any other pads you love on the GG6?

Peace,

Darrin