PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Ferrari F430

medicscott
08-02-2015, 03:17 PM
This baby was taken good care of from roof to bumper and everything in-between.

Process Used:
-DP Foam Wash
-DP Air Dryer
-DeFelsko Positector 6000
-Celestron Electron Microscope
-Carpro IronX
-Nanoskin Mitt
-Pinnacle Advanced Compound with Orange LC Hybrid Pad
-Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleaning Polish
-Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating V2
-Infrared Heat Lamps for Coating Cure Time
-Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener
-Pinnacle Diamond Label Glass Coating
-Pinnacle Diamond Label Wheel Coating
-Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel
-Pinnacle Black Label Interior Coating

Thanks for viewing!

banzaitoyota
08-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Nicely done!

Sizzle Chest
08-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Very nice work! Thanks for posting up!

Waxed
08-02-2015, 05:13 PM
love these ferraris. Good job, she looks good :)

vinharski
08-02-2015, 07:31 PM
Nice job :xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

WaxMaster1
08-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Looks great. Since it was well maintained, do you think you could have skipped the compound and went with the polish first?

medicscott
08-02-2015, 08:13 PM
I tried on a test spot 4000, advanced swirl remover on white pads and ended up having to go bigger and heavier as the defects wouldn't budge. I was shocked at how aggressive I had to get. The paint on this car is super thick so I didn't hesitate for a second.

Mantilgh
08-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Looks great. Since it was well maintained, do you think you could have skipped the compound and went with the polish first?

How I read it was that he took great care in his process. It's hard for me to see with the fingernail pics, but I think the only before picture with the paint condition visible is the first square window frame picture.

Medicscott, do you incorporate the digital microscope into your correction process, or is it used for documentation?

medicscott
08-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Just got the microscope. I wanted to make it part of my paperwork that I provide the customer at the end of the detail. Pictures on the microscopic level provide clarity of things that can't be seen by the naked eye not to mention help when filling with Dr. Colorchip etc. I also provide paint thickness readings and graphs. Most find it very interesting when you explain to them what it all means not to mention the customer is VERY impressed with all the detail you take in making sure their vehicle is in good hands. I do some very high end cars and my customers want the best. Here are some better resolution pics

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s7xj3hzc82xqzk7/AABv9I7CriQglLV4G0yo4VmZa?dl=0

Mantilgh
08-02-2015, 09:25 PM
That is a cool feature to be able to offer a client, and they don't seem all that expensive.

I know you said you just got it, but do you know if it is possible to see if a scratch has gone through the clear coat with the magnifier?

haris300
08-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Nicely done! Very meticulous work.

medicscott
08-03-2015, 03:45 AM
That is a cool feature to be able to offer a client, and they don't seem all that expensive.

I know you said you just got it, but do you know if it is possible to see if a scratch has gone through the clear coat with the magnifier?

For sure. With ease.

LSNAutoDetailing
08-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Nice work Scott! As always... ;-)