PDA

View Full Version : Going to see my birth mother!

conman1395
08-01-2015, 09:48 PM
I've already met her twice, but this time in driving from Kansas City to Independence, Kansas (just north of the Oklahoma border).

My plan is to just bring towels and a waterless wash.

Is it okay if the towels just sit with the dirt and grime for 2-3 days without getting washed? Normally in a trip like this I'd bring stuff to do a rinseless and all that, but I'm not going to be as concerned about my car for this trip so waterless is what I'm going with.

Mask
08-01-2015, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't worry much since waterless wash contains cleaning agent.
Have a wonderful trip :)

hoyt66
08-02-2015, 04:18 AM
I wouldn't worry too much either. If you can spread them out to dry in the trunk over a suitcase/ duffle bag and let the heat of the trunk dry them. Take a small new garbage bag to keep them in until you get home too.

sunday joe
08-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Enjoy the visit with your Birth Mother. The car will keep till you return home. This should be an enjoyable visit. You don't want to do anything that might be considered rude.

conman1395
08-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Enjoy the visit with your Birth Mother. The car will keep till you return home. This should be an enjoyable visit. You don't want to do anything that might be considered rude.
She already knows about me and detailing, in addition to that, I'm really not even focused on cleaning the car as much as just the front.

Mike Phillips
08-03-2015, 09:05 AM
My plan is to just bring towels and a waterless wash.

Is it okay if the towels just sit with the dirt and grime for 2-3 days without getting washed?

Yes. I would however lay them out flat when possible to let them dry to avoid mold and mildew. Then store the dry, dirty towels in a plastic bag or box or something and wash when you return home.

:)