PDA

View Full Version : Vacuuming Sand Particles

Lustrous Detail
08-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Aloha!

So I had a job last week Sunday and the interior was soiled with sand. My vac only could get what was more up towards the surface and not deep down. Whats the best method of getting those sand particles that are deep into the carpet?

kochdalton87
08-01-2015, 11:35 AM
I'm a big fan of using the tornador or a brush on a polisher to quickly agitate the sand to the surface. You could also opt for the tornador vac which I also have but if the carpet isn't flat it tends to be a little difficult to use.

Paul A.
08-01-2015, 12:15 PM
I use a brush also. I vacuum first, brush thoroughly and then vac again while continuing to brush in front of the vac head. I also like my rubber pet glove thing too.

detailsbydennis
08-01-2015, 07:53 PM
Lightly tap with a hammer. The sand will pop up vacuum as you tap. Takes a little while however your patience will be rewarded.

RFrommann
08-01-2015, 09:03 PM
brush
air gun
vacuum

Ryan509
08-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Air works really well i find as does the tapping method to jump the dirt. Patience is key when it comes to that

expdetailing
08-01-2015, 10:32 PM
"Beater bars" are placed on higher-end vacuums to cause dirt to "jump" out of the fibers upwards where it is reachable for the vacuum head. The beater bars literaly beat the carpet. Like above, tapping with a hammer, or you could try using what i use successfully, a belt driven brush rolled hand vac. I use one for my family minivan and I can't recommend it enough. Dirt devil sells a 7amp, called the "classic," and AG sells an attachment to the metro vac that is brush rolled, but it's air driven.