PDA

View Full Version : Pick a tire dressing...

Pages : [1] 2 3

PA DETAILER
08-01-2015, 06:31 AM
:xyxthumbs:Alright. Xterra is washed and tires are hospital clean. Now on to dressing them. I want you to pick from 2 choices. What i want to achive is a well dressed tire with no sling! I have researshed both and both come up stellar.

1. VRP
2. TW ENDURASHINE COATING

Pick and tell why you choose what you did.

Tires are firestone destionation AT. Vehicle is washed weekly.

Just02896
08-01-2015, 07:37 AM
I choose option 3, Perl! Lol

top189h
08-01-2015, 07:41 AM
Vrp for me just tried it this week for the first time on tires, 2 rains and it still looks good. Pearl had replaced it on interiors for me but vrp worked way better for me on tires and for under the hood.

DRO220
08-01-2015, 08:01 AM
2. TW ENDURASHINE COATING

I am really impressed with this stuff, I used it for the first time about 5 rainy weeks ago on my daily and my tires still looked decent yesterday when I washed it. I put another coat of the TW on and they look just like they did after the initial 2 coats.

PA DETAILER
08-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Well,
VRP WON. I figured it would be more forgiving than the coating if i did not like it. WOW. 1 lake county foam tire dressing applicator with just 2 beads covered each tire. Not like any other dressing i have worked with. Like a cream more than a gel. Almost dries on contact. Spreads over the tire evenly. 1 coat was enough for that dressed look. Grabbed a MF, but not really needed. No xcess on the tires. Smell is great. I really dont see how this could sling, but it's got to pass that test yet. If it does, this is one heck of a tire dressing!

Sicoupe
08-01-2015, 09:28 AM
Well,
VRP WON. I figured it would be more forgiving than the coating if i did not like it. WOW. 1 lake county foam tire dressing applicator with just 2 beads covered each tire. Not like any other dressing i have worked with. Like a cream more than a gel. Almost dries on contact. Spreads over the tire evenly. 1 coat was enough for that dressed look. Grabbed a MF, but not really needed. No xcess on the tires. Smell is great. I really dont see how this could sling, but it's got to pass that test yet. If it does, this is one heck of a tire dressing!Any pics:xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
08-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Well,
VRP WON.

I really dont see how this could sling,
but it's got to pass that test yet.
I'll wager that before it needs "renewed"...
that it'll sling.

Bob

PA DETAILER
08-01-2015, 09:38 AM

Rear tire, in the sun.

Sicoupe
08-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Looks great my friend:)

PA DETAILER
08-01-2015, 09:49 AM
I'll wager that before it needs "renewed"...
that it'll sling.

Bob

Guess if it does I'll just spray paint em black.:cry:Guess short of the TW coating they all sling then? Unless there is a magic one that does not? Having aggressive sidewalls does not help. But read many reviews that VRP is less prone. Tire is DRY to the touch. And knocked the sheen down with MF for a more natural look.

Setec Astronomy
08-01-2015, 10:10 AM
What is your definition of dry to the touch--I can't imagine anything but a coating being that shiny and yet dry.

PA DETAILER
08-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Pic was in the sun making it appear more shiny. I did run MF over them after the pic to knock down the shine and make sure no xcess product was on the tires. It is naturally shiny as per video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8dsT-6DYG8

Guess the only real test is get it out today at highway speeds and see....

Setec Astronomy
08-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Again, what is the definition of "dry to the touch"? If you run your finger on the tire, your finger tip isn't shiny after?

PA DETAILER
08-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Did the finger test. Finger is dry.

FUNX650
08-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Guess if it does I'll just spray paint em black.:cry:Guess short of the TW coating they all sling then? Unless there is a magic one that does not? Having aggressive sidewalls does not help. But read many reviews that VRP is less prone. Tire is DRY to the touch. And knocked the sheen down with MF for a more natural look.
•I really can't see any tire dressing actually stopping
tires from blooming; and that blooming involves the
act of some of the tires' "ingredients" being forced to
the tires' outer surface each time the tires revolve;
and, then: POW! There goes the tire-dressings'
molecules being forced/lifted-up and away from
the tires surfaces...then slung from the tires by
circumferential force.

•Thinking aloud:
-Maybe a genuine Tire Coating would be capable:
(perhaps having a stronger matrix of molecules
that'll seal-in all the blooming?)...with no slinging.

•AFAIC:
-The main thing is to use a tire dressing that,
when eventually is slung, won't cause permanent
staining to the areas of the vehicle it lands upon.

Bob