PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Sealant application

KyleTaylor
09-13-2007, 02:19 PM
My first impression of Klasse sealant, the silver jug, was WOW.

However, I am having issues getting it all off after it dries.

I only let it sit for about 30 minutes and on another car for 5 - 10 minutes both give the same results. It is hard to rub off the residue.

On the first car I went back over the Klasse with a paste wax, just a quicky. That took care of it, but there has to be another way that does not require another application of wax.

Thanks,
Kyle

budman3
09-13-2007, 03:54 PM
A little goes a very long way with the Sealant Glaze. If you can see it, you probably put it on too thickly. I find that the optimal removal time of SG is either right after you apply it (wipe on / wipe off) or waiting 24 hours. The time in between, SG is a pain. However, some people manage to remove the sealant with a damp microfiber towel. I wouldn't suggest applying a ax directly over the SG that hasn't been removed because you may actually wax over them and then they'll be under the wax... not good. Did you remember to wait 24 hours before topping with a wax?

ScottB
09-13-2007, 04:50 PM
1. Use a small travel size spray bottle, one spritz per panel.
2. WOWO -- wipe on and off almost immediately
3. Respritz stubborn areas immediately and rebuff as will come right off.

Z06-Goose
09-13-2007, 05:09 PM
My first impression of Klasse sealant, the silver jug, was WOW.

However, I am having issues getting it all off after it dries.

I only let it sit for about 30 minutes and on another car for 5 - 10 minutes both give the same results. It is hard to rub off the residue.

On the first car I went back over the Klasse with a paste wax, just a quicky. That took care of it, but there has to be another way that does not require another application of wax.

Thanks,
KyleWhat was your process?
What did you put the KSG on?

Tonya
09-13-2007, 05:51 PM
:iagree: Listen to Killrwheels, trust me I learned the hard way. WOWO is the way to go! :D

Pauly6401
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
:iagree: Listen to Killrwheels, trust me I learned the hard way. WOWO is the way to go! :D

I was just about to say, didn't Tonya almost wear out her arms on this exact same problem?

KyleTaylor
09-14-2007, 09:39 AM

Is the sealant in bottle, or water?

ScottB
09-14-2007, 06:19 PM
sealant (silver bottle) should be transferred to small spray bottle. Its quite liquidity in nature and will flow fine and help control how much is applied.

Hondanut
09-15-2007, 09:31 AM
I had the same issue and went to Walmart and purchased a small spray bottle for .89 cents and used one or two sprays per body panel and had great results. Remember wipe on wipe off.