PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone compared the three DA's out there?

MrOneEyedBoh
07-31-2015, 11:16 AM
I have the HF DA and honestly it doesn't work that well. I noticed at low speeds it doesn't really oscillate that well. So I'm going to buy one of the three DAs, the PC, Meg's or Griot's. Has anyone done a side by side on them? Obviously the PC takes it because of the low price, but the Griot's and Meg's are both closely priced too. Which one would suffice?

custmsprty
07-31-2015, 11:40 AM
I have had a PC and have a GG6, I'd go with the GG6 and lifetime warranty.

dseg
07-31-2015, 12:11 PM
I just ordered a MT300 and GG6 2 weeks ago. Bought the GG6 for $110 at Advanced Auto Parts and MT300 on Amazon's Prime Day for $185.
I waxed a car and SUV with each to decide which polisher I liked better.

Returned the MT300...

mrbtd
07-31-2015, 12:41 PM
I have the HF DA and honestly it doesn't work that well. I noticed at low speeds it doesn't really oscillate that well.

I have the HF and the GG 6 had the PC - none "oscillate that well" at lower speeds because the power is getting cut back.

Zubair
07-31-2015, 12:57 PM
Oscillations increase with rotation, rotation increases with an increase in speed. Higher speeds=higher rotation=higher oscillation.

Souldetailer
07-31-2015, 12:58 PM
I have only used the GG6 out of the polishers you mentioned. For a little over a buck you get an extremely versatile tool. I love mine. Small investment, excellent power, lifetime garantee. No negatives in my book. Quality unit. Period.

Peace,

Darrin

Bunky
07-31-2015, 01:31 PM
Returned the MT300...

Why ? Power, vibration, noise, quality feel, price.

Zubair
07-31-2015, 01:34 PM

+1

Heard if u not gona venture in Rupes/Flex territory the MT300 is the one to get over the entry level PC/Griots stuff.

dseg
07-31-2015, 02:34 PM

In my opinion, it felt like a better quality built polisher, more solid build.
I did not like the ramp up speed of the MT300. I liked how when I hit the trigger with the GG6, the power was there.
I also liked the cruise control and trigger/switch better on the GG6.
Less vibration and noise on GG6 for me but I understand everyone will have their own opinions on this.

I bought both, the MT300 and GG6, at the same time. I waxed half of a Mustang with MT300 and the other half with the GG6.
I did the same on a Nissan Rogue.
Even with pricing and warranty aside, I personally picked the GG6. I was also switching between 5" and 6" backplates for each while using the same exact pads for each polisher.

So with the GG6 being $85 cheaper with a lifetime warranty (versus a MT300 1 year), it was just icing on the cake...

MrOneEyedBoh
07-31-2015, 10:31 PM
Thanks Im going to look into the GG polisher

The Guz
08-01-2015, 02:28 AM
In my opinion, it felt like a better quality built polisher, more solid build.
I did not like the ramp up speed of the MT300. I liked how when I hit the trigger with the GG6, the power was there.
I also liked the cruise control and trigger/switch better on the GG6.
Less vibration and noise on GG6 for me but I understand everyone will have their own opinions on this.

I bought both, the MT300 and GG6, at the same time. I waxed half of a Mustang with MT300 and the other half with the GG6.
I did the same on a Nissan Rogue.
Even with pricing and warranty aside, I personally picked the GG6. I was also switching between 5" and 6" backplates for each while using the same exact pads for each polisher.

So with the GG6 being $85 cheaper with a lifetime warranty (versus a MT300 1 year), it was just icing on the cake...

The soft start is similar to the rupes machines. Waxing is different than actually correcting. You should have tried comparing both to see which was more comfortable etc...

vobro
08-01-2015, 05:26 AM
The soft start is similar to the rupes machines. Waxing is different than actually correcting. You should have tried comparing both to see which was more comfortable etc...
Spot on! Comparing the two while correcting would also gave you a chance to gauge vibration, heat build up in the machine and pad stoppage. I thought the GG was superior to the other traditional DA's but the more I use the Meg's I've come to really enjoy it,ergonomics,reduced vibration and the " cruise control" especially with both the mf pads and foam disks. Hard to beat GG's warranty though