PDA

View Full Version : What pads for the DeWALT Rotary Buffer?

Mike Phillips
07-30-2015, 08:12 AM
What pads for the DeWALT Rotary Buffer?

I get e-mails, PM's and FB messages all the time with questions that are better asked and then answered on this forum for a host of reason. One reason is more eyeballs see the questions and answers so more people are helped versus one set of eyeballs in an e-mail, PM or FB message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Mike Phillips the master of paint,

I just placed a order for a dewalt and was curious if pad sizes effect performance and control ability and what pad size do you recommend for a rotary.

-H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally I would have purchased the Flex PE14 instead of the DeWALT rotary buffer but that's just me.

Regardless, when learning to use a rotary buffer it's easier when using smaller pads versus larger pads. A foam cushion backing plate also helps too.

Here's an article I wrote to share some pads I like with the Flex PE14 but you can use them with the DeWALT too.

My recommended buffing pads for the Flex PE14 (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/87097-my-recommended-buffing-pads-flex-pe14.html)

:)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-31-2015, 02:54 AM
Personally I would have purchased the Flex PE14 instead of the DeWALT rotary buffer but that's just me.

I agree Mike. I made the same mistake of buying the 849x because it was cheaper. I wish I would have just picked up the PE14 from the get go.

I also prefer to use the Hybrid pads as well with the PE14.

java
07-31-2015, 06:45 AM
Excellent reading in the link you provided. Just have one question is Lake Country the only one that uses electrified wool for pads?

Mike Phillips
07-31-2015, 06:48 AM
Excellent reading in the link you provided.

Thank you. :xyxthumbs:

Just have one question is Lake Country the only one that uses electrified wool for pads?

The only company that I know of making electrified wool pads.

java
07-31-2015, 07:04 AM
Thank you. :xyxthumbs:

The only company that I know of making electrified wool pads.

Thanks for the reply Mike! Do you have to use a Lake Country backing plate or the black and white one will do?

Mike Phillips
07-31-2015, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the reply Mike! Do you have to use a Lake Country backing plate or the black and white one will do?

You can use any backing plate that fits and the hooks attach to the loop material. I prefer backing plates that offer a foam cushion inter core.

java
07-31-2015, 10:39 AM
Thanks Mike for the reply!