PDA

View Full Version : What is the true durability of hydro2?

MDX Detailing
07-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Descriptions of product from carpro's site (and AG I believe) says "3 to 6 months" . All bottles I've had and a brand new liter that I just got delivered today says "up to 3 months). So. .. which is it?

Mask
07-29-2015, 04:36 PM
It depends on:
-the prep job
-your area conditions
-how you drive (DD or GQ)

Regards

Vue to a kill
07-29-2015, 05:06 PM
It depends on:
-the prep job
-your area conditions
-how you drive (DD or GQ)

Regards

Absolutely!

I've seen close to 4 on a vehicle that was only washed with a citrus based soap. No claying or polishing. Car is outside 24/7. Honestly, this stuff is so easy to use it could last only a month and I'd still love it just as much. It does make wheels, trim and glass bead too which is awesome.

MDX Detailing
07-29-2015, 10:26 PM
My question is more towards the carpro company not being clear in product description. Website says 3to6, actual product label says up to 3. The inconsistency of the manufacturer description is what I'm questioning. I'm very familiar with the products results and how paint condition, environment, and care for a vehicle effect results.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks a product's description should be consistent throughout a company.

Mask
07-30-2015, 03:19 AM
imagine... What if a company claims the product to last 4 months and due to the above factors ^^
the user only have 2 months durability :D
No one will put themselves in that situation ;)

top189h
07-30-2015, 06:00 AM
6 months plus really wouldn't surprise me, I've had it on my wheels for 4 already and it's still working just as good as it was on day 1.

trashmanssd
07-30-2015, 06:11 AM
I can get close to 12 months from my garage queen if I use aquawax as a drying aid. but my daily driver gets 2-4 months depending on the time of year and harshness of the weather. During winter with lots snow storms and very salty roads 2 months is pretty good.