PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 476

Pages : [1] 2

Nix
07-29-2015, 12:26 PM
So i just got collinite 476..my question is this..i also DP Max wax..should i apply Max wax first then 476 for longevity.. that way i can have look of carnauba and longevity of 476 will that work or i have to put 476 first..please let me know..i have seen people using Hi temp wax first followed by 2685 pink wax on top so bit confused here..

fly07sti
07-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Ime, you use the product that has the longevity as the base then top with the product that will give you the "look" you want.
So I would apply 476 first followed by Max Wax.

conman1395
07-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Most durable protection goes on first. I have no experience with DP Max Wax, but Autogeek's description says 2 months of protection in ideal climates.

So 476 first, then Max Wax if you feel it is necessary.

Kamakaz1961
07-29-2015, 12:50 PM
From 1st hand experience just put on 476 only or DP Max wax and DO NOT mix. 476 will ghost on top of a sealant. It is better all by itself. Additionally, 476 needs to be put on thin. If you put it on thick it is very difficult to remove. If you put on 476 1st and DP Max Wax on top you could possibly have a ghosting situation I would not know as I have never used DP Wax.

IMO Collinite waxes are better just applied by themselves. All Collinite Waxes can be finicky from my experience. But they are still great waxes by themselves.

Hoytman
07-29-2015, 02:05 PM

IMO Collinite waxes are better just applied by themselves. All Collinite Waxes can be finicky from my experience.

After seeing accolade after accolade of these products by forum members you are the first I've ever seen making such a claim, other than when they're applied too thick, which would apply to most other brands as well.

Zubair
07-29-2015, 02:34 PM
Dont bother layering, use one or the other.

Nix
07-29-2015, 05:55 PM
alright thanks guys for the input..will use DP max for summer and then before winter i will just redo the whole car with 476..

Souldetailer
07-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Ime, you use the product that has the longevity as the base then top with the product that will give you the "look" you want.
So I would apply 476 first followed by Max Wax.

Don is right on as usual. I have two coats of 476 applied one week apart. This stuff is the steel of the wax world. You can top it, I never have, never felt a reason. 476 lays down a solid protection, with a deep, rich hue. Great wax, I love it.

Peace,

Darrin

Nix
07-30-2015, 09:44 AM
one more thing i heard this wax is hard to remove if applied thick..so how long should i wait before buffing it off..i will try my best to apply thin as possible with hand..

MarkD51
07-30-2015, 10:53 AM
one more thing i heard this wax is hard to remove if applied thick..so how long should i wait before buffing it off..i will try my best to apply thin as possible with hand..

Use the finger swipe test to determine when to remove. On average, one should be good after 10-15 minutes.

Thin is the key with Colly products, and I think one can achieve the thinnest application with a dampened foam applicator rather than an MF Applicator.

Nix
07-30-2015, 03:27 PM
is it ok to use glaze before applying 476..will it have any impact on longevity..i have CG ez creme glaze and poorboys black hole glaze..

Kamakaz1961
07-30-2015, 04:02 PM

The finger swipe test will work. Just be aware that you apply very thin....I can't stress that. I AM a Collinite Fan....however, IMO there are better waxes out there and that is also from 1st hand experience. I will probably get quite a bit of thread bashing but just be aware that if you apply Collinite thick it is really tough to remove.

If you wax your vehicle on a monthly or 6 week basis you might be better off staying with the DP Max Wax.

Collinite is still a great wax and very price competitive. As long as you know thin is in you should be fine!

FUNX650
07-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Dont bother layering, use one or the other.
Hi NIX...

IMO:
Here's the definitive answer
to your original question.

Bob

Nix
07-30-2015, 05:08 PM
bough 476 only for winter protection..are there any better option than 476 for tough northeast winter and ease of application. might sell this one if its tough to work with...summer time i will be waxing every month or so..i think for summer DP max is my choice..looked into finish kare hi temp as well..

Mask
07-30-2015, 06:21 PM
bough 476 only for winter protection..are there any better option than 476 for tough northeast winter and ease of application. might sell this one if its tough to work with...summer time i will be waxing every month or so..i think for summer DP max is my choice..looked into finish kare hi temp as well..

This picture means Neon to me ;)
upload by: Bob (FK-Hi temp)36163