PDA

View Full Version : Best coating

zach.rowe1
07-28-2015, 10:04 AM
Ok, I've been out of the game for a little bit now but I just bought a 2015 Silverado. I don't know all of the new things that have came out yet so I'm just wondering, what's the best coating out now? What's got all the craze right now? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

07-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Cquartz UK, Blackfire Crystal Coat, Opti Glosscoat and the list goes on...last one I applied was Blackfire Crystal Coat - super easy install and very user friendly compared to UK...

Mike lambert
07-28-2015, 10:54 AM
Take a look at Gyeon and Kamikaze, we have been very happy with them

zmcgovern45
07-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Just like asking "what is the best wax?"... there is no right answer to your question regarding coatings.

The simple truth is that all coatings will provide superior performance in terms of protection and durability compared to a traditional wax, therefore you must find a coating that sounds like it will fit your needs and try it out.

Much like finding your personal favorite wax, it will likely take a few different tests to find your favorite coating.

You will find that some area more user friendly, some may be more finicky but look better to you, some may bead water better which you might like, etc etc etc.

It is all personal preference in the end.

-Zach

silverfox
07-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Any thread that starts with "best"...in this forum is a non-starter.

DaveT435
07-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Gtechniq EXO or C1 and EXO. 22ple VX pro or pro2. 22ple is easier and if you find some high spots you missed within a few hours they are easily corrected. 3 years on the VX pro2

FUNX650
07-28-2015, 12:38 PM
Besides their cost, prep, application, longevity, etc...
I'm also keen on the "renewability" of Coatings.

Renew-ability:
One of the user-friendly-fortes of Waxes and Sealants.

Bob

zach.rowe1
07-28-2015, 12:38 PM
What about the black label? It came out right when I stopped getting on here.

DaveT435
07-28-2015, 01:41 PM
What about the black label? It came out right when I stopped getting on here.

They have a version 2 out now. I tried the original version once. Bought everything, shampoo, cleaning polish, the booster and ended up selling it to all to someone for less than half price. Can't comment on the V2, I'm sure they made improvements, how much was it improved???

KBsToy
07-28-2015, 02:17 PM
Besides their cost, prep, application, longevity, etc...
I'm also keen on the "renewability" of Coatings.

Renew-ability:
One of the user-friendly-fortes of Waxes and Sealants.

Bob

:dblthumb2:

blown03
07-30-2015, 05:22 AM
+1 on Kamikaze Overcoat , its so easy its silly , good durability , excellent sheeting and self cleaning , its much like PNS but allot more user friendly . I wish AGO would start carrying it .....