PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide reload or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant

Nix
07-26-2015, 09:48 AM
i am in a bit of dilemma here..I have tried Carpro reload and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant on my car.. both excellent product but i have issue with reload... its leaving small fibers from my microfiber towel all over the applied surface and they are hard to remove..i tried on different car and i had no issue..then i used Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant on the same car and no linting issue..my question which of these 2 will have better water repellent effect..i like the product which keeps car looking cleaner after driving in rain..first time i have used both products today so cant test it yet..love to hear from you guys any input will be appreciate it..forgot to mention i will be using either one of those product once every month as a maintenance for my exciting sealant..

kevincwelch
07-26-2015, 10:03 AM
I can't stand Reload anymore.

I've tried diluting it. I've tried it neat. It either streaks or leaves fibers on the car as you've noticed.

I've come to like 22PLE Final Coat and GTechniq C1.5. I don't think AG sells this anymore. I've also liked C2v3 as a drying agent as well.

Having said that, what I'm really liking is my Frankendetailer (Duragloss 931 + Klasse sealant).

Props to Klasse Act for helping me out with this one!

swanicyouth
07-26-2015, 10:18 AM
So, my opinion is - Reload is meant to be used as a refresher to CQ. Numerous people have found it finicky and streaky. It costs a lot per ounce. Water behavior is very good though. It's not meant to be used over a sealant - and IMHO it's a waste of time, effort, and money to use it that way.

Unless your using CQ - skip it. Prolly not worth the headaches or price of admission.

WGDGSS is an excellent product. In fact, I just used it Friday on top of Fuzion. It's certainly the way to go there. Very high quality spray sealant that is very slick and easy to use. Smells very odd - almost like urine. Water behavior is good - not great.

If I was OP, I'd check out Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. It seems to meet all your requirements:

1. Easy to use.

2. Excellent water behavior.

3. Fairly cheap.

4. Lasts a long time.

May not be the best to use on a black car in the hot sun, & it's not as slick as some of the others.

I've tried like a zillion and one QDs, spray waxes, and spray sealants. Some are great, some are good, some just suck.

I would rate the WG and Sonax products very good at what they do - although they are different.

MDX Detailing
07-26-2015, 10:20 AM
I've been using reload a lot recently. I've been using a suede mf wraps around the carpro applicator sponge. I use Very little product and it almost flashes away instantly and only requires light buffing with a plush microfiber

Pats300zx
07-26-2015, 10:26 AM
You really can't go wrong with Wolfgang DGSS. it's super easy to use and durability is decent. I would pick that over Reload just for the ease of use and less streaking.

Nix
07-26-2015, 10:30 AM
for me reload was easy to remove but left so many fibers from microfiber towel didnt like it..and have to agree on cost too bit on expensive side..Wolfgang was easy to use compare to reload..i have read many reviews mentioning same thing about sonax..it is great but doesnt have the slick feeling..

runrun411
07-26-2015, 06:01 PM
If you like DGSS then you'll love DGLS. IMO that would be more comparable to Reload.

Nix
07-26-2015, 07:09 PM
i looked into that one as well..might get that one instead DGSS not sure yet still deciding...

Nix
07-27-2015, 05:55 AM
I can't stand Reload anymore.

I've tried diluting it. I've tried it neat. It either streaks or leaves fibers on the car as you've noticed.

I've come to like 22PLE Final Coat and GTechniq C1.5. I don't think AG sells this anymore. I've also liked C2v3 as a drying agent as well.

Having said that, what I'm really liking is my Frankendetailer (Duragloss 931 + Klasse sealant).

Props to Klasse Act for helping me out with this one!

could you tell me what ratio are using for Duragloss 931 + Klasse sealant..i read that mixing DG931 8oz and 2oz of Klasse in a gallon of water as QD..is that the ratio you are using..i have ONR would like to use that one..and how often do you use it...i also happen to have megs D156 wax anyone else tried mixing this with some quick detailer..will like to mix it with last touch detailer if that works..