PDA

View Full Version : Terrible experience with Quartz UK

Pages : [1] 2 3

StuDLei
07-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Hey guys, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here.

Today I tried a coating for the first time. Subject car is a black 350z. Most of the car was polished a few weeks ago. I've been ONRing it 2-3x a week since. No wax. Today I finished polishing the car with SF4500. Went over the car with a heavy coat of Eraser and started to apply Cquartz UK. First panel up was the roof. It went on just like I've seen in all the videos. I waited about a minute and started to try to buff it out. No luck. It just won't buff out. It just smears around and round without ever flashing. I go inside and watch Corey C's video again (on how to apply this stuff). Decided to go back out and try half of the hatch. I had slightly better results as I buffed it seemingly forever, but no matter what, it never completely flashed. I'm using a Flex light to check my work. Paint was flawless beforehand. The roof looks atrocious, hatch slightly better.

What am I doing wrong here? Will it continue to flash or something? It's only been an hour. It's about 80 and humid. Worked inside my garage.

???????Feed back please

Mask
07-25-2015, 10:07 PM
This sound terrible...
Hope you success mate ^^

kevincwelch
07-25-2015, 10:52 PM
Too much product?

When I did my car last year, I used about 40% of a 30mL bottle of 22PLE.

Temp/humidity really do have an influence on flashing, but your CQUK seems to be taking way too long.

sayroger
07-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Sorry you had the trouble. If it was very hot outside then you might have to wipe on then wipe right off doing very small sections. Like do the door in 3 or 4 sections. It is tricky to apply some times. Do a test section to find out how long you can leave it on. I had the same problem once it was 94 degrees with high humility wow you better be ready for that type of heat. Or just wait until early morning to apply.

MrOneEyedBoh
07-25-2015, 11:28 PM
What video did you watch? Can you link me

MarkD51
07-26-2015, 07:28 AM
Sounds strange.
I would imagine you used the standard application methods, the Carpro MF Suede Sheets, and a clean soft MF to remove? Wouldn't have been something on the removal towels, could it?

When I used it, I applied, leveled-smoothed with a Boa MF, all looked great, I then never touched it after. Until after an hour set time, then came back with CP Reload and another clean Boa MF.

Not sure how humid it was in your instance, as I used it when humidity was perhaps 30% or thereabouts.

And I'd "assume" the Menz SF4500 and Eraser removed past products....but then again?

The way the product behaved, it almost does sound like the paint wasn't still properly prepped?

Lots of guessing, sorry for this. Lastly about all I can think of, is a somehow flawed bottle of product?

swanicyouth
07-26-2015, 07:32 AM
Wasn't this stuff originally designed for the UK to flash in colder climates?

Maybe it's not the best product to use here in the summer.

sayroger
07-26-2015, 08:39 AM
Like some of the other carpro products (cquartz uk and reload) their not very user friendly. I use uk but every time i use it a different process. Try a different brand save you the hassall.

Just02896
07-26-2015, 09:06 AM
Sounds like maybe too much product and extended flash time due to the humidity.

silverfox
07-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Never cared for CQUK or reload. There are lots of better choices in terms of user friendliness. I'm done with anything short of being impossible to screw up. I've got better things to do with my time. Yes, such products exist.

Mask
07-26-2015, 09:27 AM
i'm done with anything short of being impossible to screw up. I've got better things to do with my time. Yes, such products exist.

+1 ;)

chris11le
07-26-2015, 09:29 AM
Never cared for CQUK or reload. There are lots of better choices in terms of user friendliness. I'm done with anything short of being impossible to screw up. I've got better things to do with my time. Yes, such products exist.

Agreed.

I managed to not screw up applying Hydro2 :)

A1Detail
07-26-2015, 09:40 AM
What are some of the user friendly products?

Avi@CarPro
07-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Hey guys, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here.

Today I tried a coating for the first time. Subject car is a black 350z. Most of the car was polished a few weeks ago. I've been ONRing it 2-3x a week since. No wax. Today I finished polishing the car with SF4500. Went over the car with a heavy coat of Eraser and started to apply Cquartz UK. First panel up was the roof. It went on just like I've seen in all the videos. I waited about a minute and started to try to buff it out. No luck. It just won't buff out. It just smears around and round without ever flashing. I go inside and watch Corey C's video again (on how to apply this stuff). Decided to go back out and try half of the hatch. I had slightly better results as I buffed it seemingly forever, but no matter what, it never completely flashed. I'm using a Flex light to check my work. Paint was flawless beforehand. The roof looks atrocious, hatch slightly better.

What am I doing wrong here? Will it continue to flash or something? It's only been an hour. It's about 80 and humid. Worked inside my garage.

???????Feed back please

Again, the CQUK is made for cold temp applications,
using it above 68deg F , you must apply on and wipe off in secs, no cure time almost. need fast movement .
make sure you cover well the surface , not too thin , means prime well the applicator, too thin coat will flash faster.
work on small areas , not full roof, divide the roof to 4 sections even if you work in hot temps.
if you could apply it in the morning while its colder it would be better.
if you would like slower flashing coat for summer time , use the Cquartz , it will flash slower and give you more time to work.

if you need more help contact me directly or Corey.

SYMAWD
07-26-2015, 10:40 AM
What are some of the user friendly products?

Original Cquartz.