PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run into xzilon coated cars?

Pages : [1] 2

808_detail_nut
07-25-2015, 06:32 PM
I been looking into more information about this because I have a customer that wants a detail and their car was coated with this at the dealer. I know there are some issues I have to be careful with because I don't want to remove it to void any warranties that it may have come with it. I looked at the car today and it has minimal swirls and scratches so I'm thinking of wash, dry, klasse aio, then klasse s/g. Will the AIO remove the xzilon "coating." The car is less than a year old so it really doesn't need any abrasive polishing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kamakaz1961
07-25-2015, 06:40 PM
I would just do a clay and hand wash. I cut copied and pasted a post from an AGO thread. You could also find that thread under:

Does anyone have experience with Xzilon?

Here is what I copied and pasted:

I used to apply xzilon at a dealership, it seems to be a great sealant. I would compare it to 4* UPP in protection, but the dealership price on it is more for the warranty than the actual product. By having xzilon installed by the dealership, the paint is warrantied against oxidation and fading for 5 years; but there are loopholes in the system that don't allow most people to cash in on the warranty if something goes wrong with their paint.

The loopholes are that in the fine print, it says the warranty is void if you use a brush carwash or any not touchless carwash system...hand wash is ok. The way the dealership can tell if the car has been voided is by the pattern of scratches on the paint. Also no paintwork correction can be done outside the dealership.

Overall, the interior xzilon protection is outstanding, the paint protection is equivalent to a good sealant, and the price is for the warranty not the product itself.

swanicyouth
07-25-2015, 07:16 PM
I'm thinking about coming up with a dealership coating called Bazillion. The marketing is going to be:

Protection = Xzilon * Xzion^2 = Bazillion.

Then I'll cover up all the Powerlock labels with duct tape.

Seriously, if dude doesn't want to remove this product - just wash the car and use a spray wax.

Audios S6
07-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Wash, clay, seal/wax and be done with it.

So, aside from rotary holograms, how would a dealer know if the paint had been corrected? It's not uncommon to see more variation in thickness from the factory than what is removed by a compound and polish.

FUNX650
07-25-2015, 08:13 PM
IMO:
The way that Xzilon is marketed...Anyone's vehicle
that happens to run into Xzilon-coated cars...should
just be able to bounce off unharmed.

Bob

RFrommann
07-25-2015, 08:25 PM
the dealership i work at used to use xzilon, but switched over to perma-plate.

if we perform any "warranty paint work" for xzilon customers we just apply perma-plate after whatever paint correction we do.

that being said, i'm sure if any paint correction is done at the dealer, they simply apply another coat of xzilon.

aim4squirrels
07-25-2015, 09:42 PM
So, aside from rotary holograms, how would a dealer know if the paint had been corrected?

If you remove their pre-installed holograms, they are going to know it wasn't one of their guy's work.

808_detail_nut
07-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Thanks and I just wanted some feedback because I know some of you know more about it than I do. but the customer wanted to know if it would be removed. I didn't have a concrete answer so I did not say. That is why I asked. I want to just clay and wax it but I have had issues with Lexus/Toyota paint marring after using my nanoskin thus leading to using 106fa or DG precleaner #2 to clean it up. So I just wanted to clean the paint with the AIO then top it with s/g. Am I wrong with this approach?

mswerb
07-25-2015, 09:50 PM
I agree with the above statement. How is the dealership going to know if any work was done to the vehicle's paint? I worked at a dealership and I have applied Xzilon. The warranty is what most of the customers wanted. The salesmen made up prices for it as they went along. The customers were given a bottle of the Xzilon to be reapplied in the future.

808_detail_nut
07-26-2015, 02:54 AM
Ok well I kinda just wanted to know if the klasse AIO's cleaners will remove the xzilon coating or whatever they call it. I'm going to just assume it will but putting klasse AIO and 2 coats of S/G should be a good bit of protection if I do end up removing it. Thanks for the responses again.

Natron
07-26-2015, 09:44 AM
Yes it will remove it. Then if the customer has environmental damage, he may blame you.

Mike lambert
07-26-2015, 11:09 AM
I tell my clients if they want a defect free finish the product the dealer applied will be removed. At that point it is they're lap

Kamakaz1961
07-26-2015, 11:24 AM
Ok well I kinda just wanted to know if the klasse AIO's cleaners will remove the xzilon coating or whatever they call it. I'm going to just assume it will but putting klasse AIO and 2 coats of S/G should be a good bit of protection if I do end up removing it. Thanks for the responses again.

I would not do that if it were me. Wash, clay, sealant or wax or combo.

This product is the Red Pill from the Matrix! They are still connected to the computers!! We are the guys that took the Blue Pills and we see the real thing!! You will shock them if you do that!! They are not ready!!

Morpheuos!
Battle Ship Ezra Kanezra

808_detail_nut
07-26-2015, 01:23 PM
Ok that answer help me very little. So much for getting help on this issue. Thanks again.

jrs1418
07-26-2015, 01:29 PM
I sold Xzilon when I worked for a dealer, I also applied it. It hardly works and I echo that it is as good as a typical sealnt. It's the warranty that matters. In many cases, if your customer can reflect that he/she is NOT happy with the dealership detailing, or lack thereof, then they can request that you perform the necessary warranty work and be reimbursed by Xzilon.

Note: If there's contamination, oxidation, waterspots, etching, etc.. then Xzilon failed. Which means you shouldnt be scared of removing it because its probably not even there. But I would push the issue that a) either the dealer didnt install it correctly and that you are the right one to do it for them, or b) The dealer didnt even install it and just pushed the warranty through.

In both of these scenarios it should be easy for the customer to firmly request a professional detailer service the warranty and re-install the coating.

I have a detail in works for servicing a contract for Resist-All. The customer held firm in that he has no faith in the dealership and requests that I service his warranty and re-install the product. Everything is approved, i recieved replacement product in the mail and am waiting for a $550 check from them before I schedule the appointment. I never worked with resist-all before.