PDA

View Full Version : Clear-Coat Touch Up Pen?

Nabors
07-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Hello everybody!

As a personal journey, I have taken the responsibility of keeping my parents first brand new car looking brand new(as everyone with the dedicated errand-runner 'Mom car' knows, that can be quite the task).

It has had 7k miles put on it in a few months!

The issue I'm finding is a few knicks. It's through the clear coat, but not the base coat. For a 2015 Explorer, what clear coat pen would you recommend to be able to touch up those small areas?

Thank you very much!

-Frank

Rsurfer
07-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Hello everybody!

As a personal journey, I have taken the responsibility of keeping my parents first brand new car looking brand new(as everyone with the dedicated errand-runner 'Mom car' knows, that can be quite the task).

It has had 7k miles put on it in a few months!

The issue I'm finding is a few knicks. It's through the clear coat, but not the base coat. For a 2015 Explorer, what clear coat pen would you recommend to be able to touch up those small areas?

Thank you very much!

-Frank

Take the serial number to the dealer and get a touch up paint pen.

mswerb
07-25-2015, 09:58 PM
You won't need to go to the dealership for clear coat. Look online or go to your local parts store. I have one and it works very well.

Dmb5450
07-26-2015, 07:15 AM
Dr Colorchip will give you better results than any pen can give. I would look into this

Sbmin
07-26-2015, 09:25 AM
Dr Colorchip will give you better results than any pen can give. I would look into this

:iagree:

Nabors
07-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the responses! I just threw pen out there as something to show how small of a job the dings actually are. Preferably, something I could buy off of here would be ideal.

Nabors
07-26-2015, 04:14 PM
Also, would coating it be a good option to help resist the chips in the future? I wash it once a week and put a new coat of wax about once a month (Megs. Gold Class). In all honesty, I'm still experimenting with stuff for use with side jobs once finals finish.

jmsc
07-26-2015, 04:54 PM
AG sells 2 kits. Any difference (besides $5) between the 2?