PDA

View Full Version : Two step polish questions

YankeeFan
07-25-2015, 07:04 AM
Read a while ago Mike suggested not using XMT360 on dark cars. Found an old bottle of Optimum Polish, which I never used, that may work well just to clean up my sister's car in a day. Need suggestions on speed and machine (DA or rotary) that have worked well.

Thanks,
Howard

dcjredline
07-25-2015, 08:38 AM
Ive not seen anything saying that XMT360 is not for dark cars...as a matter of fact I have recently done 2 BLACK cars with XMT360 with great results so I dont know where you read that (can you post it for me to see for myself?)

You need suggestions on speed and machine? What kind of car is your sisters car? What machines do you have?

Usually with a DA I will use anywhere from 4-5.5 with a polish/compound/AIO

Kamakaz1961
07-25-2015, 08:57 AM
I agree with dcjredline...never heard of an AIO (XMT360) not working on a dark car. I would use that. As for DA I agree again...what DA what type of pads, what do you want to accomplish with the detail? Full correction? AIO?

A little more information would be helpful

YankeeFan
07-25-2015, 10:15 AM
Can't find the thread didn't think to bookmark it but if you found that XMT360 works well with black cars I'm all ears on steps. I have Flex 3401 with full range of LC CCS pads. I only have 5-6 hrs so I am thinking just cleaning it up, get some reflection back. She has a Hyundai Elantra.

Kamakaz1961
07-25-2015, 12:22 PM
Can't find the thread didn't think to bookmark it but if you found that XMT360 works well with black cars I'm all ears on steps. I have Flex 3401 with full range of LC CCS pads. I only have 5-6 hrs so I am thinking just cleaning it up, get some reflection back. She has a Hyundai Elantra.

If that is all that what you want to accomplish the XMT360 should be fine. You will not need to go to a 2-step correction. The AIO should suffice.

Your Flex 3401 is a beast and it is my favorite DA. I would use the White Pad (if the swirls aren't that bad) and use Speed setting 4 - 5 and make sure you let the product do the work for you.

I have not used XMT before, however, it comes from PBMG. They make excellent product and I use a mix and match of most or their products.

You should be fine with that if you are just to clean it up and bring back "some" reflection. But IMO you will probably bring back more reflection than you were expecting.

Show some pics afterwards.

dcjredline
07-25-2015, 04:32 PM
As he did with me, I agree with CJ completely. XMT and a white pad speed 4-5 on your FLEX should do wonders on your sisters car. 3-5 section passes and the product should be almost gone. Light wipe down and you're on to the next panel. You will find the XMT corrects much better than you think it will.

GET US SOME PICTURES OF THE BEFORE AND AFTER!!!!!