PDA

View Full Version : Foam wash gun - pros/cons

jvamagic
07-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Hi,

I have two black and one dark grey car in all. Is a foam wash gun worth the money? What are the steps to use a foam gun? I assume it costs more to use a foam gun than the standard method of using a bucket.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Foam_Bla...ign=072415FOAM

Thanks in advance.

Matt@Revive
07-24-2015, 06:15 PM
To me it's totally worth it

My method:
rinse, to remove loose debris
foam, I usually let it sit for a minute
wash, normal 2 bucket method
rinse
dry

Mike@ShineStruck
07-24-2015, 07:09 PM
Ive been thinking about buying one myself ,along with the dp car dryer and perhaps gyeon Q2M Foam
Resulting in a touchless carwash

Rsurfer
07-24-2015, 07:29 PM
To me it's totally worth it

My method:
rinse, to remove loose debris
foam, I usually let it sit for a minute
wash, normal 2 bucket method
rinse
dry

:iagree:But I would rinse after dwelling (minute) to rid the loose grit from getting between my wash media and paint. Especially when doing a black car.

Dogfather
07-24-2015, 07:36 PM
I initially foam my car dry.

Then rinse then foam again and commence washing.

FocusSTguy
07-24-2015, 07:37 PM
For me it would depend upon how dirty the car is. I also have a black car and have been only doing rinseless washes since spring and I haven't seen any damage doing it this way. I wash it 1 to 2 times a week and it isn't very dirty. If the car is very dirty it might be worth it. Adding a foam gun step to the wash would be safer but for me it's about diminishing returns. I bought a foam gun this winter before I decided to switch go rinseless and only have used it once and that was to prep the car for polishing.

Pros
Will reduce the chance of scratching or marring.
It's fun to use :)

Cons
It's an extra step so adds to the wash time
They use a lot of soap. 2oz or more in addition to your wash bucket soap.

Kamakaz1961
07-24-2015, 07:48 PM
Man how if miss my foam gun!! I have it collecting dust as I live in So Cal Land of the Fruits and Nuts!! We have a water restriction and it is a no-no to waste water.

But when I could use it (and hopefully again soon) I would rinse the car, foam the car, wash the car with foam on it with a 2B-2GG and then blow dry in conjunction with MF drying towels.

So is it worth the money? You betcha!! I would get AGO's Foam Gun with the brass adjustment over Chemical Guys Foam Gun as IMO that any of AGO's FG is better quality (my guess). I used to buy Chemical Guys stuff, however, there constant QC problems has left a bad taste for me to buy from them again.

Every_detail
07-24-2015, 09:25 PM
I love my foam gun. I rinse the car, foam it, 2B it, rinse and then leaf blow dry.

its black and i get great results. smells good also

Kacz
07-24-2015, 09:49 PM
The best foam gun on the market is sold somewhere I can't mention on this forum and it's worth every penny. (It's more expensive than all the others)

The foam gun is wonderful and you shouldn't even need to do a traditional 2BM....

Use the foam gun as your 'wash bucket'...and have 2 rinse buckets instead.

dmayer
07-24-2015, 10:03 PM
Do you get water spots if the foam dries on the car?

Mike@ShineStruck
07-24-2015, 10:38 PM
If you use tap water instrad of distilled or deionized water, yes im sure you will
chemical guys hobey dew has calcium..water softener in it, not sure if it really helps with waterspots or not