PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas- spray paint everywhere

Barbara
07-24-2015, 04:22 PM
I have a theft recovery vehicle that the thieves decided needed an interior paint job. There is black spray paint everywhere from the headliner down to the press buttons on the seat-belt clips. They painted every button and light even the instrument cluster.
I have tried a few chemicals that I thought might work and so far nothing that wont take excessive time.
I would love ideas on how to remove WITHOUT damaging the vinyl or fabric
Thanks in advance

SKorch630
07-24-2015, 04:28 PM
Call your insurance company? They should be able to handle that....

Rsurfer
07-24-2015, 05:01 PM
I have a theft recovery vehicle that the thieves decided needed an interior paint job. There is black spray paint everywhere from the headliner down to the press buttons on the seat-belt clips. They painted every button and light even the instrument cluster.
I have tried a few chemicals that I thought might work and so far nothing that wont take excessive time.
I would love ideas on how to remove WITHOUT damaging the vinyl or fabric
Thanks in advance

:eek::eek::eek: Sorry I wouldn't know where to start.

RFrommann
07-24-2015, 05:54 PM
you can try spot remover.

Ardex Spot Remover for Fabric and Carpet (http://shop.norcalautodetail.com/Ardex-Spot-Remover-for-Fabric-and-Carpet-6209.htm)

Natron
07-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Bummer, 2nd the insurance call. We had a little overspray inside a vehicle once and it absorbed a LOT of time. I won't mention the name, but there is a product sold by some of the big home improvement stores that works by interfering with the bonding of paints. If I found myself in that situation again, that is what I would try first.

Phimp27
07-25-2015, 01:02 AM
Try mineral spirits. It might work.

Recently I had to remove a friends plasti dip from his motorcycle fairings. On some parts it wasn't coming off. I tried mineral spirits and it would dissolve it after some rubbing with microfiber.

Another thing I tried was turtle wax adhesive remover. That was easy. I sprayed it on and it would just dissolve it. No rubbing. It would just wipe away with a microfiber.

Barbara
07-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks for all your replies. As I am a detailer I have tried all my go to's but some of what I have tried has not removed it and the rest is wrecking the interior vinyl, push buttons etc.
Going to give eco graffiti remover a go...wish me luck
P.S. It is not a personal vehicle so my insurance company cant help..lol