PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Souveran vs. P21S

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ynkjeter
06-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Can I please get some reviews on these two waxes. Obviously the benefit of p21s is the price, but it the pinnacle worth the extra $$$?

DS Detailer
06-19-2006, 05:00 PM
I hated P21s. Infact, i hated it so much i gave it away. PS is way way better. Infact. It's amazing.

ynkjeter
06-19-2006, 05:02 PM
I hated P21s. Infact, i hated it so much i gave it away. PS is way way better. Infact. It's amazing.

Why did you hate p21s, just curious? difficult to remove? poor shine? etc...

ScottB
06-19-2006, 05:07 PM
P21S offers a high beeswax count in their wax, thus it beads well but doesnt do a darn thing for paint protection itself. Pinnacle Souveran and Sig Series for that matter offer better depth and wetness. They look surprisingly better. I would probably side with P21S in durability (length of protection) as maybe one extra week.

Pinnacle is the easiest of waxes to remove. It is WOWO .... you dont allow it to formally dry.

Surfer
06-19-2006, 05:13 PM
I've seen P21S and S100 and still don't get the hype about it. Souveran, Natty's Blue etc look much better IMO.

Jonboy
06-19-2006, 05:28 PM

Same here didn't like it at all and the guy i gave it to as now passed it on again and he's using PS.

MikeyC
06-19-2006, 08:02 PM
I have a jar of P21S and I haven't used it in forever. I'm just not very impressed by it. I've used Souveran in the past and it's a much better wax. If you're put off by the price of Souveran then I would consider the Poorboy's Natty's Blue wax or Detailer's Pride Max Wax. The Max Wax is normally $30 but is about 50% off right now on sale. So, now's a good time to try Max Wax.

Personally, I think Max Wax is a hidden gem. I don't know too many people using it, but I think that's mainly because no one knows how good it is. Natty's Blue is EXTREMELY popular on the other hand, but I've yet to try it myself.

abrcrombe
06-19-2006, 08:07 PM
:iagree:
Most people, including myself are a little turned off by the price of Souveran. 70 bucks seems like a lot, but I have been assured, it is WELL worth it. AG just had a sale on it, but now it is back to regular price. If you search, you can find it cheaper, or if you are too lazy, then PM me and I will help you out. I love Natty's Blue, works great and Max Wax is a STEAL right now at 15 bucks!!

miked2
06-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Not to throw another wax in the mix, but try Meg's #26 . . . $12 for a tin.

Here's some pics of my SRX with #26:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/8463hpim0550.jpg

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/8463hpim0555.jpg

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/8463hpim0558-med.jpg

abrcrombe
06-20-2006, 01:15 AM
Looks great miked! What did you do to it before the #26?

snomon1017
06-20-2006, 07:22 AM
P21S offers a high beeswax count in their wax, thus it beads well but doesnt do a darn thing for paint protection itself. Pinnacle Souveran and Sig Series for that matter offer better depth and wetness. They look surprisingly better. I would probably side with P21S in durability (length of protection) as maybe one extra week.

Pinnacle is the easiest of waxes to remove. It is WOWO .... you dont allow it to formally dry.

I like what killr said in another string somewhere: "I sleep better knowing Souveran is in my garage" or something like that. I couldn't agree more. As for the price, just think about the investment you have in your car. Is $70 really that much in relation to the thousands you spent on the car? To get the best look possible (and by a wide margin), I would consider $70 cheap! Eapecially given Souveran's ease of use and the dozens of cars you can do with one jar. My vehicle(s) is worth it. Why short-change your investment to save a few dollars on cheaper wax? The saving is practically negligible. It's no no-brainer.

abrcrombe
06-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Never thought about it that way. Of course your COBRA is more expensive than my 95 thunderbird. ;)

MikeyC
06-20-2006, 11:12 AM
:iagree: in the big picture what difference does $30-$40 make? I doubt you'll lose your home over it. I think the problem most people have with spending so much is about perceived value. It involves utility and other buzz words I learned in econ 101. I just think people have a hard time wrapping their head around the fact that "it's worth it." To some, it may never be worth it because they don't care about how shiney their car is, but I'm sure those people wouldn't be posting here. ;)

abrcrombe
06-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Definitely. In the short term, 70 bucks is a lot for wax. Unless you are well off. In the long term, it isn't a big deal. I can find it cheaper if you want it, PM me.

miked2
06-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Looks great miked! What did you do to it before the #26?

I had done a complete clay->Meg's DC2 polish->Klasse SG routine two months back. The car was in pretty good shape, so I didn't even wash it -- just DP waterless autowash on the front and the back and the lower side panels, followed by Meg's Nxt speed detailer all over. Then #26.

I'm in the minority that I haven't been overly impressed with Klasse SG. I feel that it gives more of a muted gloss, and wasn't as good in this respect as Meg's Gold Class wax, which I've used in the past. That said, I didn't prep with Klasse AIO. I'm now very happy after having topped with #26 . . . !