PDA

View Full Version : Really nervous but trying to relax

Pages : [1] 2 3

LSNAutoDetailing
07-23-2015, 03:06 PM
Ok, My coveted 2005 Mustang GT Premium in Torch Red, garage queen, show car for my business, is in the body shop this week because I did a little something to the side of the bumper cover... nothing major.

I have done paint correction twice this year on the car, once with Pinnacle Scratch & Swirl Remover, followed with Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. Then later (because of some missed scratches, I went over the car again with HD Speed and Collinite 916) Seen below.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/Mustang030308/Mobile%20Uploads/My%20Mustang%20D114/D5FA2D49-D6F5-4E85-9463-89A222895B36_zpsvc888jiw.jpg (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/Mustang030308/media/Mobile%20Uploads/My%20Mustang%20D114/D5FA2D49-D6F5-4E85-9463-89A222895B36_zpsvc888jiw.jpg.html)

The body shop called me and stated that because the car had a flawless finish, it is fully covered in dust (from the shop). They have opted not to let the dealership prep guys touch the car and instead bringing in an outside pro-detailer to clean the car tomorrow.

Logic would say, that because I have my business that I should do the car myself. First off, I don't think I could bare to see the car in any other condition than what I dropped off. (Kind of like a doctor working on his own kids)...
Second reason I'm going along with their plan is, while it's in their possession, if anything is or gets screwed up, they can fix it...

I'm sure it will be fine... I know it's not a Porsche or Lambo, or BMW... But it's mine and I love it.

They'll call me when it's done tomorrow... crossing fingers!

porudi
07-23-2015, 03:19 PM
It's cooler than a Lambo or Porsche it's yours! My favorite car is the one I'm driving...

custmsprty
07-23-2015, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't let them touch it. My buddies truck I detailed for him, a tree fell on the front of it a week later. When he got it back they had hacked the whole rest of the truck up with a rotary. It was a mess. And it was black.

07-23-2015, 03:48 PM
No one is gonna take care of your car like you do - sorry but I'll clean it myself...

LSNAutoDetailing
07-23-2015, 03:52 PM
I just spoke to the detailed and he said he's been in the business for over 20 years, and he stated that he noticed the paint is flawless. He is not going to cut the car at all, just a wash and light polish on the area the bumper cover (area they painted...) and part of the fender where they removed the clear-bra.

He said he it's pretty dirty from the shop and he's going to show it some love.

I feel better, I'm sure it will be fine. This fall I plan on FG400/4500 & CQuatz

07-23-2015, 03:54 PM
light polish on fresh paint?

07-23-2015, 03:54 PM
well worse case scenario take it back if you're not satisfied with the reults...

RedXray
07-23-2015, 04:08 PM
Worked in a body shop for 39 years... plastic filler (bondo) dust is super fine. A good blast of water then a quality shampoo and you'll be fine.

Sure why not, just use a "body shop safe" product to polish. Just don't wax or seal and you'll be fine.

LSNAutoDetailing
07-23-2015, 04:08 PM

Paint was done last Monday. But at least on the fender, where they had to remove the clear bra.

In 30 days it's going to get clear bra reapplied.

07-23-2015, 04:12 PM
Worked in a body shop for 39 years... plastic filler (bondo) dust is super fine. A good blast of water then a quality shampoo and you'll be fine.

Sure why not, just use a "body shop safe" product to polish. Just don't wax or seal and you'll be fine.

learn something new everyday :xyxthumbs:

custmsprty
07-23-2015, 04:46 PM
No one is gonna take care of your car like you do - sorry but I'll clean it myself...

You said it :dblthumb2:

Kamakaz1961
07-23-2015, 05:03 PM
If it were me tell them to not touch it!!! Every time I take my ride in for service I let the dealership know not to touch my car. If they do I let them know I will shred them in their review. That usually messes up their bonuses.

They all understand and so far for the last 3 yrs they leave my car alone.

My point...DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR CAR!!!! You are the artist! You made your ride the way it looks now...not them!! You have made a Mona Lisa in your work! Why would you have some guys paint a mustache on it? That is what I feel!!...LOL

LSNAutoDetailing
07-23-2015, 05:16 PM
I hear what your saying, but The guy I spoke to is an outside detailer he's not part of the dealership, they specifically called him because they didn't want their guys touching it so that kind of says something.
I felt better after talking with him and he said some of my fears at ease.

The other point is when they deliver the car it will be spotless and I'll be able to tell the quality of the body work that was done, and if there are any defects I can have them fixed at that point because I had nothing to do with it.

So after talking with the guy, which was after I made this post, I feel better and is Mike Phillips says tomorrow the proof will be in the pudding

2black1s
07-23-2015, 05:25 PM
... I'm going along with their plan is, while it's in their possession, if anything is or gets screwed up, they can fix it...

well worse case scenario take it back if you're not satisfied with the reults...

... and if there are any defects I can have them fixed at that point because I had nothing to do with it...

Are you kidding me? I can't believe how many times I hear this or something similar.

I know that on rare occasions accidents can happen, but more often then not if there is anything wrong with your car when you get it back it's not an accident. It's their lack of attention to detail.

With that said, do you really want the guys that screwed your car up in the first place working on it again?

Not me!

Justin at Final Inspection
07-23-2015, 05:30 PM
I hope they take care of it. I know how you feel though. I had a 5500$ respray done on my 00 SS Camaro with custom viper blue flames. I would stop by once in a while to check progress and the the car was a mess. Interior, engine bay etc. They knew that I was super anal about how it looks. Sure enough the day I picked up, the car was perfect! Not one swirl, no dust, black paint perfectly sanded and buffed! Not all shops are hacks. Just need to do your research. Good luck.