PDA

View Full Version : Swirls in coatings?

jonn127
07-22-2015, 07:18 PM
With all the coatings out there that basically are 2nd clear coats, can the coatings get swirls in them? If so is that a sign of the coat failing or can it be fixed? Buffing removes the coating correct? I'm just curious how to handle if swirls star to appear after a coating.

Billy Baldone
07-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Just trade the car in and get another one.

Rsurfer
07-22-2015, 07:33 PM
With all the coatings out there that basically are 2nd clear coats, can the coatings get swirls in them? If so is that a sign of the coat failing or can it be fixed? Buffing removes the coating correct? I'm just curious how to handle if swirls star to appear after a coating.

Swirls can and will appear in coatings. Yes, it can be fixed by buffing. It depends on how aggressive you get in buffing...it can remove some if not all of the coating. One of the reasons why I'm not a big fan of coatings. I like swirl free paint (80-90%) and polish 3-4 times a year to achieve this and I also like to try new and different LSP's.

ronkh57
07-22-2015, 07:35 PM

If ?

:iagree:

Kamakaz1961
07-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Swirls can and will appear in coatings. Yes, it can be fixed by buffing. It depends on how aggressive you get in buffing...it can remove some if not all of the coating. One of the reasons why I'm not a big fan of coatings. I like swirl free paint (80-90%) and polish 3-4 times a year to achieve this and I also like to try new and different LSP's.

ClayR
07-22-2015, 08:22 PM

+1 totally agree!

Im the MAN

Mask
07-22-2015, 11:12 PM

+2