PDA

View Full Version : Time to quit trolling

sturobie
07-22-2015, 10:14 AM
Greetings all,
Newbie to AG, I’ve been trolling for about 3 months, gathering information on how to keep my “new” baby like new (actually after reading post after post….better than new). I managed to be in the right place at the right time and picked up a 2012 Audi A6 3.0T supercharged with 32,000 miles on it for a VERY reasonable price. I would not have chosen white, but now, after reading AG, I know that it will show the fewest imperfections. I have also found that white is more difficult to get “dripping wet”. I had been fanatical earlier in life with keeping my vehicles immaculate, but had fallen to merely maintaining my tool (Toyota was a great tool). Now that this Audi has fallen in my lap, I have an amazing automobile that demands every ounce of polishing care that I have. I started with CG products (prior to discovering AG) and ordered a TON of products in as small of a container that I could get my hands on, just to see what worked, what didn’t, and in the case of CG, what was too odorous. I am now picking up PB, DP, Pinnacle, Blackfire, GG, LC, Wolfgang, and the Klasse twins (to mention a few), just trying to see what I like best, what seems to be the most appropriate. I have not yet started to experiment with my GG6 (yes, 5” & 3” plates with appropriate LC pads), most likely the wife’s ’12 VW Passat will get the experimental phase with the DA polisher. My garage is beginning to look like a distributor’s warehouse! Apparently the bug has bit me.
As I move forward with my rediscovered passion (there is a fine line between anal-retentive and obsessive compulsive), I will be reaching out to all of you for help for the noob.
Cheers, and happy polishing

Setec Astronomy
07-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forum...but we usually refer to that as "lurking"...trolling usually has a negative connotation.

sturobie
07-22-2015, 10:30 AM
Lurking it is!...or was. I'm in now.

Bunky
07-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Welcome !!

af90
07-22-2015, 11:23 AM
Welcome. Nice pickup on the Audi.

Kamakaz1961
07-22-2015, 12:01 PM
Welcome to AGO!! I read your post and just to give you my input...all the products you mentioned from PBMG (AGO) are superior to anything Chemical Guys (1st hand experience) makes. You will be astonished how great they are. I use a mix and match of their products..Pinnacle, Blackfire, Wolfgang, etc.

As for you GG 6 that is a good DA!! Welcome to the DARKSIDE of Detailing!!! You will be POOR Like all of us Geeks!!!....LOL

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-22-2015, 11:57 PM
Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

Mask
07-23-2015, 12:25 AM
Well you can keep lurking after register too Lol ^^
Just like Kamakaz said, i falls into this poor geeks category...hope you join us soon and become part of family :p
Welcome to AGOF :D

sturobie
07-24-2015, 08:04 PM
af90....loving the Audi.

Kamakaz1961....yes, AG product seems to surpass CG (although I am still using V07 and using the rest of the tire dressing until it's gone). And yes, the darkside has got me. And poor...HA! My wife has stopped asking "what this shipment cost"

Mask....see above.

Got a great tip today from Orinda Auto Detail regarding paint imperfections on a white car....use your light with sunglasses to highlight the flaws. I'm on it now! Also, from a "buddy"... Use dry erase marker to mark the areas of concern, it wipes right off when you set your 2'x2' area. Huh, who woulda thought.

Cheers all.