PDA

View Full Version : poor boys natty blue vs collinite 845/915

Stegs
07-22-2015, 06:22 AM
Wondering who has used both that can give me a honest review?

I have 845 and love it, so far its my best wax that i ever used. I have not tried the 915 yet.

Reading reviews on the natty blue they seem really well

just curious how they compare. I know the 845 is my "go to" wax from now on. But id like to try either 915 or natty blue at some point in the future

Setec Astronomy
07-22-2015, 06:29 AM
I don't think Natty's Blue is going to have the longevity of either Collinite.

Stegs
07-22-2015, 07:16 AM
I don't think Natty's Blue is going to have the longevity of either Collinite.

ok, maybe i will bypass the natty blue and go with 915 when i run out of 845

Setec Astronomy
07-22-2015, 07:18 AM
I don't have the blue, but I have regular Natty's, it's a nice wax, it's just not the same kind of wax as the Collinites...Natty's is more of a "beauty" wax.

Stegs
07-22-2015, 08:05 AM
I don't have the blue, but I have regular Natty's, it's a nice wax, it's just not the same kind of wax as the Collinites...Natty's is more of a "beauty" wax.

"beauty" as in shine? reflection?

aim4squirrels
07-22-2015, 08:18 AM
Nattys does not have the longevity of collinite at all.

It goes on and off very easily though. Good for right before going to a car show.

If your buddy did half your hood in collinite and half in natty blue, I doubt you'd be able to tell which was which.

damaged442
07-22-2015, 09:17 AM
This is the hard part that many of us face more and more often on a day to day basis. Should we buy another wax? It starts with one, and another, then another, then we are all going to rehab and our house is in foreclosure!

Right now, I have 845, 476 and BF Midnight Sun. I want to try more. I don't need more. I need a dose of reality saying that what I have is perfect for my needs and I have more than enough to last me for years!

845 is all you really ever need. It's the best bang for the buck out there.

Setec Astronomy
07-22-2015, 09:27 AM
If your buddy did half your hood in collinite and half in natty blue, I doubt you'd be able to tell which was which.

I think you could substitute most LSP's for those two and still not be able to tell. As one of our members says "the pop is in the prep!".

Stegs
07-22-2015, 10:03 AM
good to know guys

Ill stick with my 845 until it runs out (which could take a little time)

then i might venture into 915....

aim4squirrels
07-22-2015, 10:29 AM
I think you could substitute most LSP's for those two and still not be able to tell. As one of our members says "the pop is in the prep!".

Agree 100%. I merely tailored my post to the OP's specific questio. I find it more personable that way.

EWtheDETAILER
07-22-2015, 10:55 AM
I have used both and definately prefer Collinite 845. Natty Blue is a good wax and will give a good shine, but will not have near the life of Collinite. I also think Collinite is a little easier on and off. Poor boys products were developed to be used in direct sunlight, which makes them great for mobile detailers.