PDA

View Full Version : Optimum No Rinse (ONR) to maintain after sealant?

nodule
07-21-2015, 09:31 PM
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w522/crimsonex/UTM2_zpsodcxnjae.jpg (http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/crimsonex/media/UTM2_zpsodcxnjae.jpg.html)Hi,

Next weekend, I am getting my new 2015 Honda Civic EX sedan professionally detailed
and than sealed with Black Fire Wet Diamond. Going forward to maintain the finish, is
using ONR (Optimum No Rinse Wash) rinseless wash, and topping off with Optimum Detailer Spray a safe bet and good course to follow? I live in a condo with no hose access and I have been using ONR on my 2013 Civic with great results. I always use the 2 bucket method and 2 grit guards and quality wash mitts and drying towels.

trekkeruss
07-21-2015, 09:50 PM
If you've been happy with ONR, there's no reason why you wouldn't continue to be happy with it, is there? But if you just want to change it up, how about using Blackfire Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash and Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax?

FUNX650
07-21-2015, 10:13 PM
•I like using Meguiar's D114 for RW/WW:

-It leaves nothing behind that'll interfere
with the characteristics/properties of the
LSP that the vehicle is currently wearing.

-And...also:
That way there's no need for a follow-up
product like a QD/QW.

Bob

Mask
07-21-2015, 10:54 PM
•I like using Meguiar's D114 for RW/WW:

-It leaves nothing behind that'll interfere
with the characteristics/properties of the
LSP that the vehicle is currently wearing.

-And...also:
That way there's no need for a follow-up
product like a QD/QW.

Bob

+ What Bob said ^^

pheerix
07-22-2015, 10:48 AM
Or use ONRWW and eliminate step for a QD after. Or D115 for a waterless?

AllenK
07-25-2015, 12:11 AM
If you've been happy with ONR, there's no reason why you wouldn't continue to be happy with it, is there? But if you just want to change it up, how about using Blackfire Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash and Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax?

What he said X2. The Blackfire Rinseless is the best non-wax rinseless I've ever used. I haven''t used the Spray Wax,but I'll bet it's great stuff.

ONR and ONRWW are certainly no slouches though.

The Guz
07-25-2015, 12:19 AM

The Blackfire spray wax is great. Would be a good compliment to Blackfire Wet Diamond.

Bunky
07-25-2015, 05:57 AM
As others said, if you like ONR (and nothing wrong with that) stay with it and your plan. ONR's added properties are short lived.

How often do you plan to wash it?

nodule
07-27-2015, 07:15 AM
Well, I usually wash every month or so.

Kamakaz1961
07-27-2015, 08:59 AM
If it ain't broke don't fix it! However, IMO it does not matter which product you decide to choose! Blasphemy!! The reason being is that I am more IMPRESSED with your technique than product!! Kudos to you on your 2-Bucket 2-Grit Guard, wash mitt and drying towel technique!

Again, impressive on your technique...get anything you want....it will not matter as you will kick the dirts AZZ!!