PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Ceriglass polish question.

david001wj
07-21-2015, 11:35 AM
I buffed out my windshield today for the first time using Ceriglass. After buffing I couldn't wipe the residue off with a MF towel only. I was going to do IPA wipe before coating the windshield with flyby 30 so i decided to wipe off the residue with IPA. I hade a really hard time holding on to the towel. It was grabbing to the glass making it almost impossible to wipe off. Is this normal?? With 2 coats of flyby 30 the glass now feels smoth as silk and MF towel now slide down the glass if I don't hold it.

Rsurfer
07-21-2015, 02:49 PM
I buffed out my windshield today for the first time using Ceriglass. After buffing I couldn't wipe the residue off with a MF towel only. I was going to do IPA wipe before coating the windshield with flyby 30 so i decided to wipe off the residue with IPA. I hade a really hard time holding on to the towel. It was grabbing to the glass making it almost impossible to wipe off. Is this normal?? With 2 coats of flyby 30 the glass now feels smoth as silk and MF towel now slide down the glass if I don't hold it.

So how did you get ceriglass off your windshield? Just use water to wipe and IPA as a final wipe before Flyby 30.

david001wj
07-21-2015, 06:46 PM
No! just ipa wipe.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

sealthedeal
07-22-2015, 10:20 AM
No! just ipa wipe.

Based on a review I read, you don't have to let the ceriglass dry and have a water spray bottle at hand so it stays wet and begins to disappear. So possibly not fully breaking it down caused the removal to be very hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt@Revive
07-22-2015, 10:56 AM
Ceriglass is hard to remove when dry, i usually try and spray it with water throughout the buffing cycle. if it drys out i'll spray the area down with water and run the machine over is lightly to rewet the polish. you should wait until most of the polish is removed before using IPA. the glass will be really grabby until you coat it.

Natron
07-22-2015, 02:09 PM
yep, what they said. water is your friend on this one.

Rsurfer
07-22-2015, 02:36 PM
No! just ipa wipe.

That's why it was hard to remove. Just keep it wet and it will wipe with ease.

david001wj
07-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Perfect! Thanks for the help guys.

Avi@CarPro
07-23-2015, 06:47 AM
The hard wiping the Flyby was because it cured fast on the glass.
temps are high now, you need to work faster, no need cure time for Flyby30, apply on>>> wait max 30 sec. >> wipe off with MF.

david001wj
07-23-2015, 06:30 PM
The hard wiping the Flyby was because it cured fast on the glass.
temps are high now, you need to work faster, no need cure time for Flyby30, apply on>>> wait max 30 sec. >> wipe off with MF.
It was the Ceriglass that I was having issues with and the grabby windshield.