PDA

View Full Version : Rookie

Elwood Blues
07-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Here is my plan. DP wash (dirt),Nanoskin bubble wash(fallout),P21s gloss enhancing paintwork cleansing, by hand (extra clean), Hand applying Collinite 845. Not ready for machine, will practice on hood from junkyard. Thanks for the help,Elwood

trekkeruss
07-21-2015, 09:37 AM
Welcome to AGO.

I've never used Nanoskin Bubble Wash, but from reading its description, it sounds like an ordinary shampoo to me ... so it would be pointless to do both the DP Wash and the Bubble Wash. Both will get rid of non-embedded dirt; neither will do anything about fallout. You would and should follow the wash with Iron X and then clay, before moving onto to polishing and protecting.

Elwood Blues
07-21-2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks Trekkerus, I will be using the Nanoskin wash mitt with the bubble bath. I read that in the Nanoskin web site. This car needs a good cleaning. Is the iron x better than the Nanoskin system . How about that P21s is that alright in my plan?

trekkeruss
07-21-2015, 10:21 AM
Using soap as lube for the Nanoskin Mitt is a good idea, but you still do not need two different soaps.

Iron X will get rid of fallout that would be difficult if not impossible for clay of a clay alternative to remove.

I have never used the P21S product; I'm sure it is fine. Since you would be applying it by hand, work in very small sections, and give it some oomph.

Elwood Blues
07-21-2015, 10:31 AM
What order? Iron then wash or vise versa. Detailing by hand is part of my health plan. No need for a gym.

trekkeruss
07-21-2015, 11:09 AM
Wash, rinse, Iron-X, rinse, Nanoskin, polish, wax.

damaged442
07-21-2015, 11:18 AM
Wait, how are you going to do all this? Shouldn't you be busy getting the band back together?!

Make sure you post pics of the Bluesmobile when you are done!

Good luck!