PDA

View Full Version : Remove Brown Spots on White Paint

HoustonIrish
07-20-2015, 09:36 PM
Howdy,

I am the proud owner of a brand new Audi A3 Quattro with Glacier White Metallic paint. I have kept great car of it, by washing often and keeping in the garage. I have noticed the last couple times I have washed it there are little brown spots all over the paint which do not come off with washing. I have never had the clear coat sealed, and only have used quick wax detailer by Chemical Guys. Any idea what would be the best way to have the brown spots removed? In one little area I think i scrubbed the clear coat off. Not sure what to do - any direction is greatly appreciated.

Mantilgh
07-20-2015, 09:48 PM
Welcome to Autogeek.

Hard to say what your spots are. Most likely a couple good pictures will help. Also possibly what area you are in can help as sometimes trees or bugs can be the culprit.

Might want to try a clay product with lots of lubrication, or a polish that has good chemical cleaning abilities. Although it could be iron fallout.

What did you use that made you think you went through the clear coat? Hopefully it was just marring that you caused.

davey g-force
07-21-2015, 12:33 AM
If it's iron fallout, you'd want IronX (or similar) for that.

Sicoupe
07-21-2015, 07:06 AM
If it's iron fallout, you'd want IronX (or similar) for that.Yes this:xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
07-21-2015, 07:18 AM
As noted, those spots could be some sort of tree or bug residue, but more likely is iron contamination (sometimes known as rail dust).

The source of this could be from "rails" (i.e., train tracks), but is most likely simply braking residue from your car or others (or possibly some sort of environmental fallout depending where you live, etc.).

The classic way to remove this is with an acid decon product like this: Finish Kare SIRR Steel, Iron Rust Remover, auto paint iron remover, ferrous metal remover, paint cleaner, paint decontamination system (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-iron-remover.html)

The more popular way today is with one of the iron-eating products like CarPro Iron X, Optimum FerreX, or one of many others.